upgrade to a 144hz 1440p monitor from 75hz? Plus sale of old monitor

I currently have a 1440p 75hz monitor and I wanted to upgrade to a 1440p 144hz. Should I do it?

here are my specs

ryzen 3600x

1660ti

16gb ram ddr4-3000 

Also I wanted to sell my monitor but I have no idea what to price it as and where to sell it. The monitor is a Acer V277U 1440p 75hz which I bought it for $250 6 months ago. Any information is appreciated 

1 minute ago, Faiyaz777 said:

I currently have a 1440p 75hz monitor and I wanted to upgrade to a 1440p 144hz. Should I do it?

here are my specs

ryzen 3600x

1660ti

16gb ram ddr4-3000 

Also I wanted to sell my monitor but I have no idea what to price it as and where to sell it. The monitor is a Acer V277U 1440p 75hz which I bought it for $250 6 months ago. Any information is appreciated 

Depends on how much you're willing to spend, things do get pricey when trying to do high refresh at 1440p.

This is just results on Newegg, might be able to find cheaper results if you go with something other than an IPS panel, but I'd never go with a TN one or other

https://www.newegg.com/p/pl?N=100160979 600107132 600012694 600255030 600417886 600559797 600559798&Order=PRICE

I'd check Amazon to see their prices. The monitor I use is a refurbished 1440p @ 144fps (oced to 165) gsync one that I found on Amazon for around $500. Nvidia does support Freesync now so money can be saved going with that over Freesync. That said though I'd do my homework on which freesync monitor to get, there are some where the variable refresh rate is only applied for fps within a specific range (unlike Gsync which can match the rate from 1 to the max rate of the monitor).

⣿⣿⣿⣿⣇⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠈⠉⠛⠻⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿

⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣦⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⢀⣤⣄⡀⠀⢻⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿

⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣇⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠸⣿⣿⣿⠃⢰⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿

⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣆⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⢀⣼⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿

⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⡆⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⢶⣶⣶⣾⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿

⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣧⠀⢠⡀⠐⠀⠀⠀⠻⢿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿

⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⡄⢸⣷⡄⠀⠣⣄⡀⠀⠉⠛⢿⣿⣿⣿⣿

⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣇⠀⣿⣿⣦⠀⠹⣿⣷⣶⣦⣼⣿⣿⣿⣿

⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣼⣿⣿⣿⣷⣄⣸⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿

⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⢿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿

⣿⣿⡿⢛⡙⢻⠛⣉⢻⣉⢈⣹⣿⣿⠟⣉⢻⡏⢛⠙⣉⢻⣿⣿⣿

⣿⣿⣇⠻⠃⣾⠸⠟⣸⣿⠈⣿⣿⣿⡀⠴⠞⡇⣾⡄⣿⠘⣿⣿⣿

⣿⣿⣟⠛⣃⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣷⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿

⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿

As for your monitor, shipping a monitor can be pretty expensive and tricky unless you still have the box and packaging. If you do have the box and packaging then you could try selling it on ebay, I'd try searching for your monitor on there to get an idea of how much it goes for, then basing your price off of that.

If you don't have the box that would make shipping it tricky since it'd be a lot harder to secure it. In which case I can only suggest trying to sell it to someone within driving distance, like through craigs list, facebook marketplace, let go, or something along those lines. That said, if you do decide to go that route then follow the obvious safety measures of doing the transaction somewhere public and in the day time, avoiding shady parts of town.

1 minute ago, Inception9269 said:

Depends on how much you're willing to spend, things do get pricey when trying to do high refresh at 1440p.

This is just results on Newegg, might be able to find cheaper results if you go with something other than an IPS panel, but I'd never go with a TN one or other

https://www.newegg.com/p/pl?N=100160979 600107132 600012694 600255030 600417886 600559797 600559798&Order=PRICE

I'd check Amazon to see their prices. The monitor I use is a refurbished 1440p @ 144fps (oced to 165) gsync one that I found on Amazon for around $500. Nvidia does support Freesync now so money can be saved going with that over Freesync. That said though I'd do my homework on which freesync monitor to get, there are some where the variable refresh rate is only applied for fps within a specific range (unlike Gsync which can match the rate from 1 to the max rate of the monitor).

I was looking at this monitor I found on microcenter for only $300. This is the link. 

https://www.microcenter.com/product/609322/aoc-cq27g1-27-qhd-144hz-hdmi-dp-freesync-curved-led-gaming-monitor
Is this a good deal or am I missing something important?

5 minutes ago, Faiyaz777 said:

I was looking at this monitor I found on microcenter for only $300. This is the link. 

https://www.microcenter.com/product/609322/aoc-cq27g1-27-qhd-144hz-hdmi-dp-freesync-curved-led-gaming-monitor
Is this a good deal or am I missing something important?

I think it's a fair choice. The only thing that stands out to me is that it's a VA panel, in which case it depends on you I guess. IPS is credited at better color accuracy and better viewing angles, things like TN and VA requiring you to be looking at it more straight on. I read that as far as color accuracy goes, you won't really notice the difference, only if you were doing something that really depended on color accuracy like editing. And as far as variable refresh rates go, with it supporting Freesync, the specs page does say its range is 48 to 144hz, which realistically is fine, considering you wouldn't wanna be gaming below 60 anyway.

It will be a good upgrade so yeah. 

| Ryzen 7 7800X3D | AM5 B650 Aorus Elite AX | G.Skill Trident Z5 Neo RGB DDR5 32GB 6000MHz C30 | Sapphire PULSE Radeon RX 7900 XTX | Samsung 990 PRO 1TB with heatsink | Arctic Liquid Freezer II 360 | Seasonic Focus GX-850 | Lian Li Lanccool III | Mousepad: Skypad 3.0 XL / Zowie GTF-X | Mouse: Zowie S1-C | Keyboard: Ducky One 3 TKL (Cherry MX-Speed-Silver)Beyerdynamic MMX 300 (2nd Gen) | Acer XV272U | OS: Windows 11 |