Need help picking a new graphics card

GuyEZ

Hello there!

I'm new here to the forum and new to pc building in general so please be gentle.

Nowadays I'm rocking an i7-4790, 8 GB ram, and a GTX 770.

I want to upgrade my gpu and I'm having a hard time deciding between 2060 super and 2070 super.

What do you think? Do you have some strong claims in favor or agains one of these cards? Do you think i sould go amd?

Thank you :)

Guy

Are you saying RTX 2060 super/2070? If I would be you I would pick RTX 2070 super because there will not be any lag while you have RTX on

DO NOT SWITCH TO AMD PLZ

/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\ That's my post /\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\

\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/ Who is that? \/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/

If you are running 1440p I would definitely be in favor of the 2070 super. Also, you should upgrade your ram to 16GB asap. 

3 minutes ago, IraDuh said:

If you are running 1440p I would definitely be in favor of the 2070 super. Also, you should upgrade your ram to 16GB asap. 

I'm running 1080p and it probably woun't change in the next year or two.

and is 16GB of ram REALLY that necessary?

15 hours ago, BrushyYT said:

Are you saying RTX 2060 super/2070? If I would be you I would pick RTX 2070 super because there will not be any lag while you have RTX on

DO NOT SWITCH TO AMD PLZ

Why not AMD ?

On 4/10/2020 at 11:50 AM, GuyEZ said:

I'm running 1080p and it probably woun't change in the next year or two.

and is 16GB of ram REALLY that necessary?

The 2060 would probably be fine for 1080p. Yes 16GB of RAM is necessary in my opinion. You could game with 8GB in most titles but not with anything else open. Defeats a lot of the reason that I game on a PC. 

20 hours ago, GuyEZ said:

Why not AMD ?

If you value your time and sanity I would avoid AMD GPUs and that is coming from an AMD fan boy. Hardware is great, drivers are trash. You shouldn't have to spend hours researching work arounds to get your GPU to be able to play a game. My time is much more valuable to me than the difference in price. I have had issues that were pretty easily fixed by turning settings off with my RX590 and RX470 but my 5700Xt would randomly black screen and reboot the entire system. I sent it back for an exchange. Same issues. Ended up getting a refund and going for the 2070 super. No issues since. 

If you're doing 1080p gaming, then the 2060 is perfect.  If you want to go to 1440p, then get the 2070. 

The AMD v Nvidia topic, I'd love to know why some people have bad experiences with AMD drivers. I've had my 5700xt since September, and haven't had a single legit issue other than some old games not working until a driver update came out, and that was back in December.  @IraDuh What 5700xt card were you using?  What version of Adrenaline were you using?  

On 4/12/2020 at 12:07 AM, pstarlord said:

If you're doing 1080p gaming, then the 2060 is perfect.  If you want to go to 1440p, then get the 2070. 

The AMD v Nvidia topic, I'd love to know why some people have bad experiences with AMD drivers. I've had my 5700xt since September, and haven't had a single legit issue other than some old games not working until a driver update came out, and that was back in December.  @IraDuh What 5700xt card were you using?  What version of Adrenaline were you using?  

I tried both the reference model and the red devil. I tried every driver from launch till what was available mid Dec 2019. I believe the issues is with certain hardware combinations. Many tech youtubers have came to the same realization.