Coilwhine or fan failure?

frozensun

Guys I think we discussed previously but no one told me for sure.

This purring sound is it from one of the fans or is it coilwhine?

I noticed it happens in "q" mode and when each game starts and ends and quite often while gaming but not all the time.

I cranked up the fans at higher speed then 1500rpm and can't hear this sound.I cam hear it only when fans spin around 1000rpm.

So what you think?

Please do not take offence for my apparent confusion or rudeness,it's not intent me to be like that,it's just my BPD,be nice to me,and I'll return twice better,be rude and usually I get easly pissed of...I'll try to help anyone here,as long as it's something I dealt with,and even if you think I'm rude or not polite,forgive me,  it's not me it's my BPD.

Thanks for understanding.

I say fan but to make sure stall each fan out one by one, that it place a finger on the hub (not into the blades, athough that can work, just not nice for the finger) and provide enough presure to stall the fan.

12 minutes ago, cobalt77 said:

I say fan but to make sure stall each fan out one by one, that it place a finger on the hub (not into the blades, athough that can work, just not nice for the finger) and provide enough presure to stall the fan.

wouldn't that damage the fan?

Please do not take offence for my apparent confusion or rudeness,it's not intent me to be like that,it's just my BPD,be nice to me,and I'll return twice better,be rude and usually I get easly pissed of...I'll try to help anyone here,as long as it's something I dealt with,and even if you think I'm rude or not polite,forgive me,  it's not me it's my BPD.

1 minute ago, frozensun said:

wouldn't that damage the fan?

It shouldn't if it is only for a second or two. Jaming fans for ages is bad, for a second or two is not a problem. The one time that it is not a good idea is when the fans berings are totally gone (normally accompnied by a horible sounds) and really anything is just enough to push it over the edge. Have I done it before, yes. Have I damaged any fans that way, not that I know of. Would I do it on a daily basis, no as that would be stupid. Would I do it again to diagnose a issue with an expensive/important bit of my own hardware, yes as long as it is not a super fast server fan running full speed (I value having my finger tips not sanded off). 

What is hub?center of the fan,where bearing is?

2 minutes ago, frozensun said:

What is hub?center of the fan,where bearing is?

Yes, flat round area that the blades come off.

18 hours ago, cobalt77 said:

Yes, flat round area that the blades come off.

1 hour ago, frozensun said:

The bounce in fans 2 and 3 are signs that they are not  the healthiest but are a long way from dyeing, you may have found the cause of the noise.

22 hours ago, cobalt77 said:

The bounce in fans 2 and 3 are signs that they are not  the healthiest but are a long way from dyeing, you may have found the cause of the noise.

My friend, card is a  3months old,bought new graphics card...maybe they are not screwed properly,huh?

But I don't get it,if the bearing is bad,it would buzz all the time,no matter the fan speed.

• 3 weeks later...
On 4/11/2020 at 6:05 PM, cobalt77 said:

Dude card is brand new....Day 2 from installing the card I could hear the purring sound...

I contacted my seller he told me no problem I can RMA the card,if I can wait for at least a month...

the weird thing is that I still can not confirm if it's fan or coil whine because purring sound comes 90 % when a card is in "Q" mode (lower fan speed,higher gpu temp).

One thing is for sure 2 of the fans are loose,but that doesn't mean that they are damaged,right?

• 5 weeks later...

So the sound was coming yesterday again..

I swtiched the card to "Q" mode and at around 950-1050 rpm I could hear the sound.

I think it's the first fan,because while I was touching it,sound dissapered.

Then I switched the card to "P" mode,GPU was at around 58 C and fans were kicking at around 1400 rpm.

All was fine,no weird sound coming out of the card.

So I don't understand if it's the fan failure,then it would make this sound even worse at higher rpm...