Bios not updating - oemid mismatch

On 4/10/2020 at 9:00 AM, tornado109 said:

I have the b365m ds3h WiFi f1 bit won’t update .  I’m also hoping this will fix my machine check expectation crashing with Hal.dll 

B365 ds3h WiFi oemid mismatched fix (advanced fix not for a noob)

1. You need USB that can boot into DOS. For that I used Rufus (a boot disk utility) (select Free Dos / MBR / Bios(or UEFI-CSM) / FAT32 / 16KB Cluster size that will make a bootable USB that will boot into DOS

2. download the new Bios file from Gigabyte for your MB

3. Copy over efiflash.exe and in my case the Bios file B365MDHW.F3 to the root of the USB stick

4. Stick a copy of your backed-up bios onto this same USB just in case. Note: I attempted to flash it using the efiflash.exe that came with the bios file. And it worked. In all the different iterations I tried, I'm pretty sure I was using the efiflash.exe that came from Gigabyte. There are some versions of efiflash that bypass the checks that you can find here. I have not tested these, but here is the thread in case you still get OEM mismatch errors.https://www.win-raid.com/t1361f16-Flashing-Gigabyte-while-avoiding-quot-Invalid-BIOS-image-quot-16.html

5. Reboot off your USB stick. If you are in MBR mode without Secure Boot and UFEI it will boot and you can skip step 6. You will know if you need step 6 because you won't be able to see your USB stick to boot from it. It simply won't appear.

6. I had to set my bios so it would see the MBR USB Boot stick: From the Main Bios Screen:

1. BIOS / Secure Boot / Secure Boot = Disable

2. BIOS / CSM Support = EnabledLegacyLegacy

3. Note: No need to change TPP (you can leave that on or off)

7. Once booted on the USB Stick you'll see a DOS Prompt. Run the Bios updater.

1. C:> DIR

2. C:> efiflash.exe B365MDHW.F3

3. If it works, then it will immediately start the flash process with a % dialog screen. Once done it reboots a few times, my fans went to 100% and I thought I had blown my bios. Let it settle itself out for a bit, don't mess with it until you see the Bios Screen post on your screen again.

8. After the update is complete catch the bios boot with the <DELETE> key and enter the bios.

9. Verify that you are on the new version F3 with and new date listed.

10. If your boot disk is Secure Boot UFEI (needed for Win11), unwind your changes so you can boot from your primary Windows disk.

11. From the Main Bios Screen:

12. BIOS / Secure Boot / Secure Boot = EnabledBIOS / CSM Support = Disabled <-- (you might need to reboot once to at the step, it's tricky)UFEIUFEI <--- these seem to have set themselves. Note: No need to change TPP (you can leave that on or off)