Network bandwidth Monitoring with source and destination

Jinu

Hi folks

I am looking for a solution that can monitor my bandwidth utilization. I am currently using networx and this gives me the bandwidth utilization and which application is using it. But i also need to know where is this bandwidth going to (target IP/hostname and bandwidth consumed). This is only for internet based traffic and not for LAN traffic. Ideally i would like to see for a time range

Source application  -- Target IP - Target Hostname - Received MB- Sent MB - Total MB

This is required for my home PC. I am using an unmanaged switch so nothing can be done on the switch.

Any ideas ? Thanks

3 hours ago, Jinu said:

Hi folks

I am looking for a solution that can monitor my bandwidth utilization. I am currently using networx and this gives me the bandwidth utilization and which application is using it. But i also need to know where is this bandwidth going to (target IP/hostname and bandwidth consumed). This is only for internet based traffic and not for LAN traffic. Ideally i would like to see for a time range

Source application  -- Target IP - Target Hostname - Received MB- Sent MB - Total MB

This is required for my home PC. I am using an unmanaged switch so nothing can be done on the switch.

Any ideas ? Thanks

Although it’s not the primary use of the program, I’ve seen PiHole show these kind of statistics for devices connecting through it as their DNS server.

Thanks for your response, but this does not meet my requirement for the following reasons:

1. Pihole is a DNS server so it shows only the requests that it gets. It does not show the bandwidth consumed in the communication to the target Site

2. Pihole would be bypassed if the connection is initiated directly to the IP instead of host name as there would not be a need to do a Domain name lookup.

actually,  the information i want is provided by windows itself --- Resource monitor --> This has a tab for "Network"  and in that there is "network activity " and "TCP connections" , but this is at a process level and current, i am looking for something that will aggregate it. If these 2 windows could be aggregrated for a time period hour, day week etc.. it would serve my purpose of identifying rogue network processes. 

Thanks once again

3 hours ago, Jinu said:

Thanks for your response, but this does not meet my requirement for the following reasons:

1. Pihole is a DNS server so it shows only the requests that it gets. It does not show the bandwidth consumed in the communication to the target Site

2. Pihole would be bypassed if the connection is initiated directly to the IP instead of host name as there would not be a need to do a Domain name lookup.

actually,  the information i want is provided by windows itself --- Resource monitor --> This has a tab for "Network"  and in that there is "network activity " and "TCP connections" , but this is at a process level and current, i am looking for something that will aggregate it. If these 2 windows could be aggregrated for a time period hour, day week etc.. it would serve my purpose of identifying rogue network processes. 

Thanks once again

OK.

Linus occasionally promotes Glasswire in his videos. Can take a look.

Thanks this looks like exactly what i want.