New Phone Help

DrDerp

Hey hey! Possibly deciding to get a new Phone soonish since my current phone (iPhone 8 ) is losing steam, but don’t know what’s currently on the market. I’m open to either Android or iOS, and have a roughly 500 USD budget. Specific features I’d like are:

High Quality WiFi Chip for Steam in Home Streaming.

8+ hours of Battery Life

A decent camera, doesn’t need to be Pixel level but something nice.

A lack of Bloatware.

Please god a headphone jack (kinda a stretch nowadays)

and the biggest stretch of them all, Removable Battery. This one ain’t needed due to how few of these there are.

edit: USB Type-C would be nice too.

Thanks for any and all help!

Who needs fancy graphics and high resolutions when you can get a 60 FPS frame rate on iGPUs?

The new Xcover Pro from Samsung is the only phone that comes to mind that has a 3.5 mm headphone jack and a removable battery (4050 mAh) and a decent 25MP rear camera. It also fit's your budget.

2 minutes ago, DrDerp said:

Hey hey! Possibly deciding to get a new Phone soonish since my current phone (iPhone 8 ) is losing steam, but don’t know what’s currently on the market. I’m open to either Android or iOS, and have a roughly 500 USD budget. Specific features I’d like are:

8+ hours of Battery Life

A lack of Bloatware.

and the biggest stretch of them all, Removable Battery. This one ain’t needed due to how few of these there are.

Last year I bought Vernee Mars Pro. I admit, it is a bit older. Yes, I know, It seems like some cheap, chinese plastic crap, everyone has told me. But I am really surprised how good in almost every situation it is. It has strong metal body, 5,5" gorilla glass 3 2,5D screen, Helio P25 octa core 2,5 GHz CPU,  6 GB of RAM, GB of storage, nice WiFi (I can easily connect to my router which is upstairs and I have a house made of bricks), a decent 13 Mpx camera, Fingerprint sensor on the SIDE (absolustely fantastic, my favourite feature), of course a 3,5 mm jack, 3500 mAh battery (no problems with that, but no removable, tho), an USB type-C connector for charging and many other features (sensors, dual SIM,...). I would recommend it to every Android user. (Apple users usually dont like when you talk about your android, idk why)

11 minutes ago, Applefreak said:

The new Xcover Pro from Samsung is the only phone that comes to mind that has a 3.5 mm headphone jack and a removable battery (4050 mAh) and a decent 25MP rear camera. It also fit's your budget.

Holy crap, this is pretty much exactly what I needed! Thanks so much!

Who needs fancy graphics and high resolutions when you can get a 60 FPS frame rate on iGPUs?

20 minutes ago, DrDerp said:

Holy crap, this is pretty much exactly what I needed! Thanks so much!

While that samsung is a great phone, i would suggest the xiaomi k20 pro/mi 9t pro. Much better chipset, camera, display and battery, but unfortunately not a removable one.

18 hours ago, huilun02 said:

Country and carrier?

USA, Verizon

I have the umidigi s3 Pro and it has 6 gigs of ram 128 gb of storage and a SD card slot upgradable to 256 gb  48 megapixel back facing camera plus 12 megapixel telephoto lense, also a 20 megapixel front facing camera it has a  6.3 inch display it has a headphone jack on board and also it has dual Sim card slot but the only bad thing is it has pie but I put 10 on it using a custom rom and it is super stable and the phone is 250 dollars to buy

here is the link if you want to have a look

https://www.umidigi.com/page-umidigi_s3pro_overview.html

11 minutes ago, kallump said:

I have the umidigi s3 Pro and it has 6 gigs of ram 128 gb of storage and a SD card slot upgradable to 256 gb  48 megapixel back facing camera plus 12 megapixel telephoto lense, also a 20 megapixel front facing camera it has a  6.3 inch display it has a headphone jack on board and also it has dual Sim card slot but the only bad thing is it has pie but I put 10 on it using a custom rom and it is super stable and the phone is 250 dollars to buy

here is the link if you want to have a look

https://www.umidigi.com/page-umidigi_s3pro_overview.html

He uses verizon. I dont think this phone supports them. Also that 48mp camera is just a gimmick. Umidigi is know for having bad cameras.

I hardly take photos on my phone so I just take my phone out and take a picture I am not really a nerd with phone cameras and I think it supports it I don't know because I am in the uk

On 4/9/2020 at 9:45 PM, DrDerp said:

8+ hours of Battery Life

A lack of Bloatware.

edit: USB Type-C would be nice too.

On the iOS side the most you could get with £500 is likely a XR

Dirty Windows Peasants :P ?

Try to get a Oneplus 7T, it should be discounted to around 500~.

UFS 3.0 Storage which makes it insanely fast, optimized for speed, and thanks to 90 Hz this is one of the most fluid experiences you will get. Only beaten by 120 Hz screens.

Oled, very decent Camera (Option for GCam), more than enough Ram for even power users, almost zero bloat since OxygenOS is very near stock.

That's one of the best phones 2019, because it features 90 Hz with that speed, for that Price. And just very little compromises.

Just don't know about US providers, and their networks. So i can't say for sure, if there's not an issue.