please help thanks

Brend2123

the file transfer panel wont show when i drag a file in a usb , altough the files still transfers but wont show the progress its frustrating 

19 minutes ago, Brend2123 said:

the file transfer panel wont show when i drag a file in a usb , altough the files still transfers but wont show the progress its frustrating 

Can I ask which Windows version your running ?  What about transfers from one drive to another ?

Intel 10980XE @ 4.6Ghz / Gigabyte x299x Aorus Master / Gigabyte WF RTX 2080 / Corsair Dominator RGB 64GB @ 3200 / Corsair AX1600i / Corsair H115i Pro RGB / Corsair Carbide 330r Blackout Edition / AOC 40" 4k Curved Monitor / LG 55" C9 OLED 120hz / Logitech G Pro Wireless & G915 Wireless Linear & G935 Wireless / Scarlett 2i2 USB / KRK Rokits 10-3-1 Gen4 / Sennheiser HD 650 / SL 88 Grand / Cakewalk By BandLab / Corsair MP510 960GB / Samsung 950 Pro 500GB / 850 Pro 500GB / Crucial M4 500GB / LaCie External Porsche Design 2TB & 500GB

4 minutes ago, Mike Tyson said:

Can I ask which Windows version your running ?  What about transfers from one drive to another ?

windows 10 home , it's all the same the transfer window wont show :(

Just now, Brend2123 said:

windows 10 home , it's all the same the transfer window wont show :(

Oh crap shoot that is not good news.  My advice is ride it out another week or two until the new 2020 update comes along and that should fix your situation.  If not we will do some troubleshooting and fix you up.

Intel 10980XE @ 4.6Ghz / Gigabyte x299x Aorus Master / Gigabyte WF RTX 2080 / Corsair Dominator RGB 64GB @ 3200 / Corsair AX1600i / Corsair H115i Pro RGB / Corsair Carbide 330r Blackout Edition / AOC 40" 4k Curved Monitor / LG 55" C9 OLED 120hz / Logitech G Pro Wireless & G915 Wireless Linear & G935 Wireless / Scarlett 2i2 USB / KRK Rokits 10-3-1 Gen4 / Sennheiser HD 650 / SL 88 Grand / Cakewalk By BandLab / Corsair MP510 960GB / Samsung 950 Pro 500GB / 850 Pro 500GB / Crucial M4 500GB / LaCie External Porsche Design 2TB & 500GB

29 minutes ago, Brend2123 said:

On Windows 10, the file transfer progress window only appears if the transfer will take more than a few seconds (ex. you won't see the transfer progress window when you are copying a 25kb text document to a modern USB 3.0 flash drive or hard disk). If it is taking more than a few seconds to transfer over and you don't see the transfer window showing then in that case it is an actual problem. Sometimes these small features of Windows 10 get damaged and don't work as intended (this usually occurs during updates from my experience). Did you have an OS update recently before this issue began occurring, and could you please find what build version of Windows 10 Home Edition you are running?

To find what build version of Windows you are running do the following steps:

1. Press down the windows key and "R"

2. Type "winver" and hit enter

3. View the specific version of Windows that you are running.

Hope this information post was helpful  ?,

@Boomwebsearch 

20 minutes ago, Boomwebsearch said:

On Windows 10, the file transfer progress window only appears if the transfer will take more than a few seconds (ex. you won't see the transfer progress window when you are copying a 25kb text document to a modern USB 3.0 flash drive or hard disk). If it is taking more than a few seconds to transfer over and you don't see the transfer window showing then in that case it is an actual problem. Sometimes these small features of Windows 10 get damaged and don't work as intended (this usually occurs during updates from my experience). Did you have an OS update recently before this issue began occurring, and could you please find what build version of Windows 10 Home Edition you are running?

To find what build version of Windows you are running do the following steps:

1. Press down the windows key and "R"

2. Type "winver" and hit enter

3. View the specific version of Windows that you are running.

its a 3gb movie so i dont think it will be fast , the build is (version 1903 OS build 18362.720) i did a system restore but still no fix

1 hour ago, Brend2123 said:

its a 3gb movie so i dont think it will be fast , the build is (version 1903 OS build 18362.720) i did a system restore but still no fix

I would recommend running a repair install of Windows 10, for more information with screenshots of how to run a repair install on Windows 10 visit the following article:        https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-windows_install-winpc/how-to-perform-a-repair-upgrade-using-the-windows/35160fbe-9352-4e70-9887-f40096ec3085

* Note that I would recommend selecting the option to keep your data and programs when running the repair installation, or you could backup your data to another drive and then transfer the files back after the repair installation has finished.

Hope this information post was helpful  ?,

@Boomwebsearch