Window manager/Window Tiling software recommendations

Can anyone recommend a Window manager or tiling manager? I was using Dells Display Manager to divvy up my space before swapping out my monitors. Now that I have 2 ultrawides, I would like to make better use of screen real estate.

Windows 10 Edu | Asus ROG Strix X570-F Gaming | Ryzen 9 3950x | 4x 16GB G.Skill Trident Z RGB| ROG Strix GeForce® RTX 2080 SUPER™ Advanced edition | Samsung 980 PRO 500GB + Samsung 970 Evo Plus 2TB + 8TB Seagate Barracuda | EVGA Supernova 650 G2 | Alienware AW3418DW + LG 34uc87c + Dell u3419w | Asus Zephyrus G14

There are 3 major ones I know. DisplayFusion, Actual Multiple Monitors and MultiMon. I have used DisplayFusion myself, got pro version from Steam sale way back. Can recommend. Their support is very good. I was having issues with Discord and they troubleshooted it to extend where I got beta of new patch and after it didn't work, they black listed Discord.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

2 hours ago, LogicalDrm said:

There are 3 major ones I know. DisplayFusion, Actual Multiple Monitors and MultiMon. I have used DisplayFusion myself, got pro version from Steam sale way back. Can recommend. Their support is very good. I was having issues with Discord and they troubleshooted it to extend where I got beta of new patch and after it didn't work, they black listed Discord.

How does DisplayFusion's tiilng work. I was unable to find any information regarding it

Windows 10 Edu | Asus ROG Strix X570-F Gaming | Ryzen 9 3950x | 4x 16GB G.Skill Trident Z RGB| ROG Strix GeForce® RTX 2080 SUPER™ Advanced edition | Samsung 980 PRO 500GB + Samsung 970 Evo Plus 2TB + 8TB Seagate Barracuda | EVGA Supernova 650 G2 | Alienware AW3418DW + LG 34uc87c + Dell u3419w | Asus Zephyrus G14

6 minutes ago, Scruffy90 said:

How does DisplayFusion's tiilng work. I was unable to find any information regarding it

I'm not entirely sure what you mean with tiling in this sense. Here are the feature descriptions you might be interested in:

https://www.displayfusion.com/Features/WindowManagement/

https://www.displayfusion.com/Features/MonitorSplitting/

Plus setting profiles per software to open exactly in correct monitor, correct place and size.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

36 minutes ago, LogicalDrm said:

I'm not entirely sure what you mean with tiling in this sense. Here are the feature descriptions you might be interested in:

https://www.displayfusion.com/Features/WindowManagement/

https://www.displayfusion.com/Features/MonitorSplitting/

Plus setting profiles per software to open exactly in correct monitor, correct place and size.

Ill have to take a look. I was looking for something that had functionality like dells display manager since thats what I was using prior. Unfortunately, I dont have dell displays anymore

8 minutes ago, Scruffy90 said:

Ill have to take a look. I was looking for something that had functionality like dells display manager since thats what I was using prior. Unfortunately, I dont have dell displays anymore

I don't think DF has that kind of feature. It has been requested multiple times, yet to be implemented. I'm not finding that feature from others either. Not easily at least. AMM and DF can divide desktop space (virtual monitors) and move windows to them. But combining these two functions on single which would create split and move open windows one to each split would require creating custom script.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

• 3 years later...

I know this is an old thread, but I was looking for a free version of this type of thing, and PowerToys for windows has this thing called FancyZones that lets you dictate how apps are tiled across your monitor. You can have as many zones of whichever size you want, and have multiple togglable arrangements to switch between. 

FanzyZones.png