Not a Gaming PC Build...Help!!

Hello, I need some advises. I 'm building a new PC and in the last 3 days I've read so many articles.

I am a Full Stack developer, or I'm going to be.  

1. Budget & Location

My location is Greece and more specifically Athens, Greece and my budget is 800€ - 900€. 

2. Aim

As I said before I am a Full Stack developer, but I want to use my PC with Android Studio, Apache Tomcat, (I had major problems with both of them) and at least two Virtual Machines on Windows 10. The only game I am going to play is The Sims 4😁

3. Monitors

I currently using two monitors (LG 25UM58-P , LG L1718S ) but the aim is to use at least 3 monitors. In the future I will replace the old monitor but not as long as it's working.

4. Peripherals

I do the main peripherals like a cheap keyboard and an ok mouse.(When I have money I'll buy a good mechanical keyboard)

5. Why are you upgrading?

Well..my last update was in 2006 😬..I don't have to say anything else!!

My build as I see it has both old and new parts.

So here is what I am thinking: (green is thing I have and I want to use, red the thing I'm going to buy)

CPUAMD Ryzen 7 3800X

MotherboardMSI MPG X570 Gaming Plus || Asus Prime X570 Pro

GPUGeForce GT 240

Power SupplyCorsair TX-M Series TX550M 550W || Thermaltake Toughpower Grand RGB 650W Gold

MemoryG.SKILL 16GB DDR4-3000MHZ || Corsair VENGEANCE® LPX 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR4 DRAM 3000MHz C15 Memory Kit

StorageWD Blue 3D NAND SATA SSD || Western Digital WD Green M.2 480GB

StorageTEAM L3 EVO SSD 120GB ATA Device (SATA (SSD))

CaseCASE INNOVATOR SILENCE BLACK

Optical Drive: (optional) HL-DT-ST DVDRAM GSA-H10N ATA Device

I've found a GPU (Gigabyte GeForce GTX1050 Ti 4GB OC Low Profile) but I don't want to buy it now. I'm wondering will my old GPU work with the new system?

5 minutes ago, grats88 said:

The prime X570-P is a compelling low end option in most countries, you should consider that as well unless you plan on upgrading to 16 cores, in which case the X570 TUF could also offer decent value to you. How much does that X570 Pro cost you? Also, MSI X570 boards are pretty bad except for their ultra high end, so you should ignore those.

comparable selections, Corsair's warranty service is quite good so personally I'd consider that one.

WD greens are a bit cheaply made, and often aren't worth the tiny cost saving. What's the price difference between these two?

I WILL find your ITX build thread, and I WILL recommend the SIlverstone Sugo SG13B

Primary PC:

i7 8086k - EVGA Z370 Classified K - G.Skill Trident Z RGB - WD SN750 - Jedi Order Titan Xp - Hyper 212 Black (with RGB Riing flair) - EVGA G3 650W - dual booting Windows 10 and Linux - Black and green theme, Razer brainwashed me.

Draws 400 watts under max load, for reference.

How many watts do I needATX 3.0 & PCIe 5.0 spec, PSU misconceptions, protections explainedgroup reg is bad

Asus Prime X570-P is about 180€ and 

Asus TUF Gaming X570-Plus is about 240€ 

Is there a difference between Asus Prime X570-P vs Asus Prime X570-Pro?

As for the storage the difference in price is less than 5€, so nothing!

3 minutes ago, grats88 said:

Is there a difference between Asus Prime X570-P vs Asus Prime X570-Pro?

There is a difference in VRM quality, but like I said, if an 8 core or 12 core is all you'll be working with, the motherboard won't struggle, so unless the Pro has some specific features that you need for your work, the X570-P is a good cost saver.

3 minutes ago, grats88 said:

As for the storage the difference in price is less than 5€, so nothing!

The blue is what you want then.

18 minutes ago, grats88 said:

I've found a GPU (Gigabyte GeForce GTX1050 Ti 4GB OC Low Profile) but I don't want to buy it now. I'm wondering will my old GPU work with the new system

The 1050 ti is rarely a good price, what other options, like a GT 1030 or RX 550, are available to you

I WILL find your ITX build thread, and I WILL recommend the SIlverstone Sugo SG13B

Primary PC:

i7 8086k - EVGA Z370 Classified K - G.Skill Trident Z RGB - WD SN750 - Jedi Order Titan Xp - Hyper 212 Black (with RGB Riing flair) - EVGA G3 650W - dual booting Windows 10 and Linux - Black and green theme, Razer brainwashed me.

How many watts do I needATX 3.0 & PCIe 5.0 spec, PSU misconceptions, protections explainedgroup reg is bad

Thanks you so much!

13 minutes ago, Fasauceome said:

The 1050 ti is rarely a good price, what other options, like a GT 1030 or RX 550, are available to you

The GT 1030 is half the price of the GTx 1050!!! And I didn't even knew its existence!

But do you know if my old one GT240 would work?

13 minutes ago, Fasauceome said:

There is a difference in VRM quality, but like I said, if an 8 core or 12 core is all you'll be working with, the motherboard won't struggle, so unless the Pro has some specific features that you need for your work, the X570-P is a good cost saver.

I want my build to last...my last one was good for 10 years and it still runs well enough. I want the new one be updatable that it mainly.

Just now, grats88 said:

But do you know if my old one GT240 would work?

There aren't any explicit compatibility problems that I know of.

Just now, grats88 said:

I want my build to last...my last one was good for 10 years and it still runs well enough. I want the new one be uneatable that it mainly.

In terms of longevity, I couldn't say either way, although in personal experience my longest lasting motherboards have all been from gigabyte. The X570 Aorus elite might appeal to you, and that motherboard could comfortably upgrade to a 16 core processor if you like.

Primary PC:

Thanks again!! 

I think I go with the Asus Prime X570-P for two reason is in stock somewhere in Greece (so I can have it in a week) and 100€ less than the X570 Aorus (that the delivery time is at least a month).

I'd get a 3700x instead. You can overclocked a 3700x to run the same speed as the 3800x. The difference between the two is negligible in everything but price. The 3800x is just a binned 3700x.

2 things I would consider as well:

What is the price difference to upgrade to a DDR4 3600mhz cl16 kit? 

How much more is a m.2 nvme drive instead of the 2.5" sata? Maybe something like a WD Blue s550, a crucial P1, or whatever is available ? 

35 minutes ago, ErA.l said:

How much more is a m.2 nvme drive instead of the 2.5" sata? Maybe something like a WD Blue s550, a crucial P1, or whatever is available ? 

Crucial P1 500GB => 80€

Western Digital Blue SN550 NVMe 500GB => 90€

42 minutes ago, ErA.l said:

What is the price difference to upgrade to a DDR4 3600mhz cl16 kit? 

G.Skill Ripjaws V 16GB DDR4-3600MHz => 93€

This the cheapest I found but with 3/5 stars from reviews. They do say that maybe it was from the same batch but generally their life span was 40 days to 1 year.

2 hours ago, grats88 said:

78€ and 86€ , so there are not a lot.

45 minutes ago, ErA.l said:

You can overclocked a 3700x

I don't know how to overclock a CPU. And to be honest I'm a bit scared to try it.

I'd go with the crucial P1 (or similar) nvme if I was you, along with the faster memory. 

2 hours ago, ErA.l said:

I'd get a 3700x instead. You can overclocked a 3700x to run the same speed as the 3800x. The difference between the two is negligible in everything but price. The 3800x is just a binned 3700x.

So after watching the video and checking the prices, the differences for "in stock" is about 40€ that I can allocate to other parts, I am going with the Ryzen 7 3700X. 

I have an other question..Would I need a CPU cooler or the one that comes the CPU is OK?

The cooler it comes with is completely fine unless you are overclocking or running sustained heavy compute loads (like heavy video encoding for hours at a time)