32Gb 2400MHz ddr4 VS. 16Gb 2666MHz ddr4

I have a laptop with the current specs as listed below.  Was wondering if it makes sense to change out the RAM (no purchase required as I already have the sticks) for 2 x 16Gb sticks of 2400MHz ddr4 to give a total of 32Gb, or if I will retain better performance with the current 2 x 8Gb sticks of 2666MHz for a total of 16Gb.

CyberPowerPC

i7 9850h

16Gb (2x8) GSKILL 2666MHz DDR4

512Gb Intel NVME SSD

Nvidia RTX 2070 (full not Max Q) 

The performance will be too minimal to notice, so I would go for the 32 gigs, especially if you plan on using them to the full capacity. If you use your machine just for gaming/browsing, then it's probably not worth it since it's unlikely any game would need that much RAM. Just my two cents here...

3 hours ago, aceperkins said:

I have a laptop with the current specs as listed below.  Was wondering if it makes sense to change out the RAM (no purchase required as I already have the sticks) for 2 x 16Gb sticks of 2400MHz ddr4 to give a total of 32Gb, or if I will retain better performance with the current 2 x 8Gb sticks of 2666MHz for a total of 16Gb.

CyberPowerPC

i7 9850h

16Gb (2x8) GSKILL 2666MHz DDR4

512Gb Intel NVME SSD

Nvidia RTX 2070 (full not Max Q) 

You would save much more time if you download aida64 and test it yourself since you have both of the ramstick also launch your favorite game and see the changes in fps (which will be minimal but maybe you will like one way or an other more)