[Solved] PIA disconnects on long sessions?

I have such issue.

Thought it's just me, but today found another person with the same issue.

Does anyone else experience it? Any solutions?

Using pia's ovpn profiles on networkmanager on arch linux.

Running it 24/7.

NM tells me that authentication failed. Usually happens every 1-2 days at night ~1-2am gmt+0, but also happens at other times.

Could be the network, but my own ovpn server connection (previously main, now backup) stays connected.

Set up ping with 5s interval, but that did not help much besides fix another issue with random connection drops (it reconnected after 30-60s before, now almost instant).

• 2 months later...

Solved the issue. TLDR:

It was a combo of bad (expired?) vpn certificate and dying router.

Was not sure what was the exact issue with connectivity as described in topic post. But now router started dying completely - after continuous load it required > 10 minutes of powered off state to start operating again.

Ok, replaced it expecting to solve all my problems. Yes, home network had no issues no more, but pia would still disconnect randomly. Went to their website to check if i was doing something wrong with my configuration. At account page there appeared a link to ovpn configuration generator. Either i did not see it before or it was added recently. Previously generated it either at account page as well or with help of some forum. After generating the config and comparing to the existing ones the only thing different was the certificate part.

With new configs no issues on pc so far.

On Android still freezes sometimes, but nowhere as much as before (here the router was the issue).