BSOD on handbrake?

I have a 2600 OCd to 4GHz and i had never had any problems, but that was only with gaming, today i needed to use handbrake to convert a video and my cpu overheats and the system dies. I'm on a stock cooler, what should I do?

1 minute ago, DominicNikon said:

lower the overclock or try stock settings and see if it still overheats. 

I'm now at stock settings and still reaching 80c, is it normal?

1 minute ago, AeroMagnus said:

I'm now at stock settings and still reaching 80c, is it normal?

80C is the recommended highest temperature for running a cpu/gpu. how long are you running it at 80C for? me personally 80C would be a little warm for me 

5 minutes ago, DominicNikon said:

80C is the recommended highest temperature for running a cpu/gpu. how long are you running it at 80C for? me personally 80C would be a little warm for me 

i put a couple of fans on the side of the case for now, and its only a 25 minute render, any other time it runs at 50c or less

23 minutes ago, AeroMagnus said:

i put a couple of fans on the side of the case for now, and its only a 25 minute render, any other time it runs at 50c or less

Ok that's fine, it just shouldnt go above 80C for extended periods of time. 

44 minutes ago, DominicNikon said:

That's not an accurate statement.  

AMD Ryzen 5800XFractal Design S36 360 AIO w/6 Corsair SP120L fans  |  Asus Crosshair VII WiFi X470  |  G.SKILL TridentZ 4400CL19 2x8GB @ 3800MHz 14-14-14-14-30  |  EVGA 3080 FTW3 Hybrid  |  Samsung 970 EVO M.2 NVMe 500GB - Boot Drive  |  Samsung 850 EVO SSD 1TB - Game Drive  |  Seagate 1TB HDD - Media Drive  |  EVGA 650 G3 PSU | Thermaltake Core P3 Case 

1 minute ago, nick name said:

That's not an accurate statement.  

? are you including the tj max tempature?

9 minutes ago, DominicNikon said:

? are you including the tj max tempature?

You're not . . . for a vast number of CPUs and GPUs.  Your blanket statement was inaccurate for a number of reasons.  

AMD Ryzen 5800XFractal Design S36 360 AIO w/6 Corsair SP120L fans  |  Asus Crosshair VII WiFi X470  |  G.SKILL TridentZ 4400CL19 2x8GB @ 3800MHz 14-14-14-14-30  |  EVGA 3080 FTW3 Hybrid  |  Samsung 970 EVO M.2 NVMe 500GB - Boot Drive  |  Samsung 850 EVO SSD 1TB - Game Drive  |  Seagate 1TB HDD - Media Drive  |  EVGA 650 G3 PSU | Thermaltake Core P3 Case 

4 minutes ago, nick name said:

You're not . . . for a vast number of CPUs and GPUs.  Your blanket statement was inaccurate for a number of reasons.  

Then whats a good temperature for a cpu/gpu? I've always went by 80C being the upper limit and aimed to go cooler. You could ask anyone 80C is like the average for upper temperature limit. Of course the tj max temp can be 100+c but you will start to experience thermal throttling at those temperatures which is not good for performance.