Opinions on this gaming build?

Quantum2014

So for my first build, I'm willing to spend around $1000 (no more than $1100, and just for the pc itself), and I will mainly be using it for gaming.

So here is what I got so far:

CPU: FX-8320 3.5 GHz

Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-970A-UD3P

Video card: Zotac GTX 770 2GB

Memory: G.Skill Sniper 8GB 1600MHz

Storage: Western digital Caviar blue 1TB

Power Supply: Corsair CX600 600W

Case: Bitfenix Ronin

Optical Drive: Some cheap 20$ one (Asus)

Opinions? Parts that I should swap out? And would this be sufficient for games such as BF4 at mid-high settings?

So for my first build, I'm willing to spend around $1000 (no more than $1100, and just for the pc itself), and I will mainly be using it for gaming.

So here is what I got so far:

CPU: FX-8320 3.5 GHz

Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-970A-UD3P

Video card: Zotac GTX 770 2GB

Memory: G.Skill Sniper 8GB 1600MHz

Storage: Western digital Caviar blue 1TB

Power Supply: Corsair CX600 600W

Case: Bitfenix Ronin

Optical Drive: Some cheap 20$ one (Asus)

Opinions? Parts that I should swap out? And would this be sufficient for games such as BF4 at mid-high settings?

Looks nice but you might have to look into an aftermarker CPU cooler as you won't get as much performance possible from a stock FX-8320. 

And I'm sure you should be able to run BF4 at Ultra easily with a GTX 770. Assuming you're running it at 1080p anyway. 

"And yet my mind is screaming, provoked in an icy sweat. It’s pleading and begging for a release, scraping the walls of a padded cell, pounding hopelessly at the floors that won’t even deliver the gift of pain."  - Why I Don't Dream Anymore

CPU:  AMD FX-8320 3.5GHz 8-Core Processor  ($154.99 @ SuperBiiz) 

Motherboard:  Asus M5A97 LE R2.0 ATX AM3+ Motherboard  ($74.58 @ OutletPC) 

Memory:  Crucial Ballistix Sport 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3-1600 Memory  ($59.99 @ Microcenter) 

Video Card:  Gigabyte GeForce GTX 780 3GB Video Card  ($479.99 @ NCIX US) 

Case:  NZXT H230 (Black) ATX Mid Tower Case  ($49.99 @ Newegg) 

Power Supply:  Corsair CX 600W 80+ Bronze Certified Semi-Modular ATX Power Supply  ($54.99 @ Microcenter) 

Operating System:  Microsoft Windows 8 (OEM) (64-bit)  ($97.98 @ OutletPC) 

Total: $1062.47

(Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available.)

(Generated by PCPartPicker 2014-02-18 10:23 EST-0500)

This will max out EVERYTHING for at least the next year and a half. 

Looks nice but you might have to look into an aftermarker CPU cooler as you won't get as much performance possible from a stock FX-8320. 

And I'm sure you should be able to run BF4 at Ultra easily with a GTX 770. Assuming you're running it at 1080p anyway.

Verified.

"I see now that the circumstances of one's birth are irrelevant. It is what you do with the gift of life that determines who you are."

-Mewtwo

Well I don't exactly plan on overclocking it, so would I still need an aftermarket CPU cooler?

Or would it be smart to overclock it?

Well I don't exactly plan on overclocking it, so would I still need an aftermarket CPU cooler?

Or would it be smart to overclock it?

If you don't want to overclock then there's no need for a cooler. However, I'd recommend overclocking an AMD chip. It's one of the reasons why their FX series is great for budget as the price to performance is really good when they are overclocked.

"And yet my mind is screaming, provoked in an icy sweat. It’s pleading and begging for a release, scraping the walls of a padded cell, pounding hopelessly at the floors that won’t even deliver the gift of pain."  - Why I Don't Dream Anymore

If you don't want to overclock then there's no need for a cooler. However, I'd recommend overclocking an AMD chip. It's one of the reasons why their FX series is great for budget as the price to performance is really good when they are overclocked.

Okay.

On another note, I'm probably gonna switch out the case to a NZXT Phantom 410.

Okay.

On another note, I'm probably gonna switch out the case to a NZXT Phantom 410.

Nothing wrong with that. It's a good case.