Budget 1440p 144hz Displays

SnowGhost1212

Hey all,

I'm currently looking at upgrading to a 1440p high refresh rate monitor. I'm currently using a 60hz Dell U2515H that I really enjoy using.

I'm currently looking at these two displays:

Acer KG271UA: https://www.scorptec.com.au/product/Monitors/25plus-inch/73145-KG271UA

ViewSonic VX2758-2KP-MHD: https://www.pccasegear.com/products/47480/viewsonic-vx2758-2kp-mhd-qhd-144hz-freesync-ips-27in-monitor

Here are my questions:

As these are more budget oriented monitors in this category I am aware they may have lesser quality panels, how will this compare to my current monitor?

Which of the above monitors would you recommend, and why?

Currently using a 25" 1440p I am sad to see so many options for 144hz QHD displays being so large, as I enjoy the pixel density of my current setup.

Given my concerns and my budget (including availability in Aus), do you have any recommendations for products worth considering?

Thank you all for your time.

Do you really need 144hz? I mean, you can feel the difference online, but if you are used to 60 hz and not playing online shooters its not really worth changing monitor for it

3 minutes ago, Kelums said:

Do you really need 144hz? I mean, you can feel the difference online, but if you are used to 60 hz and not playing online shooters its not really worth changing monitor for it

I want 144hz for a reason. I am playing online competitive shooters.

3 minutes ago, Kelums said:

I wouldn't say that. Even if he doesn't play a very competitive shooter, the 144Hz display (Assuming his graphics card can deliver enough fps to justify the purchase) will still make a lot of difference.

You can easily tell the difference beteeen 60Hz and 120Hz, even if you're not a super competitive fps title. The smoother look will make the gaming experience more enjoyable. I don't see there's any reason to not upgrade. (Unless his PC couldn't deliver enough fps to take advantage of the extra Hz)

For me 60hz and 144 hz is a night and day diff, when i had to goto back to 60 hz temporarily it felt like going back to playing with a console or 30hz.