think padnot registering monitor via thunderbolt v2 dock

maxdei

I am not asking for me but rather my father. He got a new thinkpad t490 and a lenovo thunderblot v2 dock and bought him self a LG 34 inch UWQHD 60hz monitor.

current windows version of course and you guessed it 64bit

here is the problem:

sometimes the secondary monitor won't awake from power saving and doesn't get registerd by the laptop unless you cange the hdmi port on the dock.

any sugestions, the IT can't help him becuase it is weekend and due to covid they have a lot of other problems to fix

Thanks guys 

this will be most of the infos I can give you

If you right click on the desktop and got to display settings using that, if you scroll down a little there is a detect button. Potentially try that, see if it works?

image.thumb.png.5eaa7f48b6bafda24c1a62b4eb31d90f.png

I would restart the system, and maybe switch out the HDMI cable for a displayport cable. Restarting the thinkpad and unplugging the dock from power might help. Think of the basic things. Thats what they teach it professionals to look at before anything big. 

40 minutes ago, Midzaya said:

I would restart the system, and maybe switch out the HDMI cable for a displayport cable. Restarting the thinkpad and unplugging the dock from power might help. Think of the basic things. Thats what they teach it professionals to look at before anything big. 

yeah tried that alredy exept display port becuase there technicaly the same

Just now, maxdei said:

yeah tried that alredy

execpt the display port cable because they are electronicaly the same but diffrent layout

1 hour ago, AndreiArgeanu said:

If you right click on the desktop and got to display settings using that, if you scroll down a little there is a detect button. Potentially try that, see if it works?

image.thumb.png.5eaa7f48b6bafda24c1a62b4eb31d90f.png

in stock windows this botton isn't located there there is only another button called identify but without context which shows which display is which

found the botton but this probably won't solve the problem since the display got detected multiply times and we done that in the past and it sucks to go to the settings allot just because one monitor isn't working, he also already tried it and the monitor won't show up there, breaking is also not the problem becaue it is less then a week old and doesn't has stress or i moved like at all

I would RMA it or call Lenovo. Also make sure your dad's laptop supports thunderbolt. 

1 hour ago, maxdei said:

execpt the display port cable because they are electronicaly the same but diffrent layout

1 minute ago, Midzaya said:

I would RMA it or call Lenovo. Also make sure your dad's laptop supports thunderbolt. 

already checked is compadiable 

i was just asking because i couldn't fugure out anything that could cause the problem#

Just now, maxdei said:

already checked is compadiable 

I'd call lenovo support.