Should I Do This?

Abhinav

Hi there.

I am Abhinav. I have been a member of this forum since the beginning and haven't got a chance to contribute anything to the community. You see, I am not a hardware enthusiast, so the other forums are not as exciting as the programming sub-forum  I am a hardcore programmer and have been programming since I was 10.

I want to create an "Unofficial Linus Developer Team/Group" which would make programs helpful  to the community and which may also drive more traffic to the forums, especially the programming sub-forum. I also want to post tutorials on how to approach a particular programming language and attain expertise in it. But I want to ask this community some question before I start taking steps:

Q1) Would you like me to post tutorials and videos related to programming languages?

Q2) Would you like me to post news on various changes made to the compilers, rules, etc.

Q3) Is it a good idea to make a programming team?

Q4) If we do create a team, what would you expect from it?

Abhinav

one thing i would like is a android app for the forums and a programming team would be cool. IDK about tuts though if they are really good sure but if its kinda like a refresher then no.

i5 3570 | MSI GD-65 Gaming | OCZ Vertex 60gb ssd | WD Green 1TB HDD | NZXT Phantom | TP-Link Wifi card | H100 | 5850

“I snort instant coffee because it’s easier on my nose than cocaine"

1)yeah sounds good {but what languages id start with java/c++ or html and go from there}

2)be interesting im not sure how many other people would like that though

3)it depends what's the main goals of the team or is it purely to help other programmers with there problems

4)id go with helping other programmers {maybe compile a library of programmes of various languages as a go to for beginners or if you want to try a new language}

X79A GD65 (8D), 3820, 7770, 16GB (1600Mhz cas9), 850watt(ocz zx), storm trooper, h100, xonar xense, sp2500, pc350, asus PA248Q LG 22'' ips, razor black-widow ultimate 2013, 120GB intel 520 series 128GB crucial M4 2*3TB barracuda 2*1TB barracuda 2TB Hitachi 

I think it would be a really good idea. One thing that might be cool would mybe have small competitions for example people make a game in a small amount of time or other small programs.

This seems like an interesting idea that could bring more traffic to this subforum since it's popularity isn't as high as the other boards.

I say go for it if it is something you really want to do, I know I would be willing to help create video tutorials that go over some of the concepts behind programming and computer science. As well as contribute to group projects and brainstorming. I'm not a mobile developer, but I know my way around android and Linux and could help submit detailed bug reports for apps.

Zephyr:

3770k (Stock clock) w/ Zalman CNPS9900MAX-R | 16GB DDR3 @ 2133Mhz | 2x Radeon HD 6950 (Reference, stock clock) | Asrock Fatal1ty Z77 Professional | Thermaltake Toughpower Grand 1200w | 60GB SSD Boot, 750GB HDD Media, 1TB HDD Programs

I think we should do programming challenges!

Not a bad idea at all :)

Something wrong with your connection ?

Run the damn cable :)

Tutorials would be cool, If the community could contribute not just you (no offense).

Dont think people would are to much about compiler updates.

Programming team? Sounds cool. Collaborate on little projects, but what idk really.

and yeah someone said something about programming challenges. I like the sound of that, have done this on overclock.net but they died out.

If we were to do this. I think it would be cool if there was like a ranking @ the OP that could be like points, maybe first person to finish and it's right gets 3 points, 2nd 2 points and 3rd 1 point.

It would make it more fun :D

I'd be down for arranging this :D!!

sounds like a great idea but we need a subforum for this if its going to happen

Our Lord and Saviour Chunt!!!

Thank you for answering my questions. :) Looks like we can make a good programming team and a great place for programming enthusiasts. I have taken all of your responses in account and I have decided that I will start by posting some tutorials on topics like GUI development and basics of pointers, etc.

I am also creating a thread where I will introduce myself with my experience in programming. I know there's already a thread on introductions but I think it's a little unorganised. You are welcome to introduce your self and specify the programming in which you are proficient in that thread. :)

Abhinav :D

And yes we are going to make a game on Linus....if he allows so. :)

I think we should do programming challenges!

i was actually just gonna make a post about this!! didnt no if anyone else wanted to do it!!

I am also creating a thread where I will introduce myself with my experience in programming. I know there's already a thread on introductions but I think it's a little unorganised. You are welcome to introduce your self and specify the programming in which you are proficient in that thread. :)

IMO I don't think this is a good idea as it will promote posts with the same subject.

Do you want to know what grinds my gears?
The old forum.

IMO I don't think this is a good idea as it will promote posts with the same subject.

Hmm.. You're right. But for some reason I see the delete post button when I edit a thread. Do you know hot to delete a post?

Hmm.. You're right. But for some reason I see the delete post button when I edit a thread. Do you know hot to delete a post?

I don't know, just leave it alone and hopefully it will go away lol

Do you want to know what grinds my gears?
The old forum.

Nice ideas, I would like to see some programming tutorials, im not quite sure about the news section, seems to be sth too much specific, and maybe not of everyone interest. Also a programming team woul be a nice idea, but not sure what the goal of the team would be. I will be looking forward those videos!

Mobo: Asus Maximus Impact VI Processor: Intel 4690K @ 4.4Ghz 1.22Vlts Memory: 2x8 GB DDR3 1866Mhz GSkill Sniper

VGA: Sapphire HD 7970 3GB OC Audio: Asus Impact Supreme FX SSD: Mushkin Chronos 120GB HDD: WD Black 500GB

Power Supply: Coolermaster V650 Semi Modular Case: Bitfenix Prodigy Cooling: Corsair H100i

I expect for such a team to support beginning developers by providing example codes to their problems etc. Don't be like other forums and straight up give out the answer of say the line "we dont spoon feed" when in actuality to help someone learn programming its essentially is spoon feeding, if one doesnt want to spoon feed its because they dont want to help. IMO!!!

if you go forward with this, make sure u stay opensource with it to allow other people to alter the stuff that is created

Character artist in the Games industry.

if you go forward with this, make sure u stay opensource with it to allow other people to alter the stuff that is created

Setting up an Revision Control system so trusted 'programmers/coders' can work on it would be an idea as well.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Revision_control

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Apache_Subversion

I'm just a soul who is up to no good.