5v modding deltas.

rukia_kuchiki

Is it alright to 5v mod one of there 30w 4k rpm fans?

I have it 7v modded but its still loud (as expected)

Normally I'd think it was alright but whenever I unplug a couple of USB devices my fan turns down quite a bit. I'm guessing this is due to the feedback from the "ground" 5v connection. (PSUs work on voltage differential, not sure if thats how it works anywhere else, but thats how it works in pcs)

Is it alright to 5v mod one of there 30w 4k rpm fans? I have it 7v modded but its still loud (as expected) Normally I'd think it was alright but whenever I unplug a couple of USB devices my fan turns down quite a bit. I'm guessing this is due to the feedback from the "ground" 5v connection. (PSUs work on voltage differential, not sure if thats how it works anywhere else, but thats how it works in pcs)

Are you connecting it directly to Molex? Instead of using a resistor, why don't you just use the 5V line instead of the 12V line, plug your fans into the 5V line instead, no modding required. 

My Personal Rig - AMD 3970X | ASUS sTRX4-Pro | RTX 2080 Super | 64GB Corsair Vengeance Pro RGB DDR4 | CoolerMaster H500P Mesh

My Wife's Rig - AMD 3900X | MSI B450I Gaming | 5500 XT 4GB | 32GB Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4-3200 | Silverstone SG13 White

Yes, directly to molex. And about the 5v line, thats what I was going to do, I also have a DC to DC boost converter laying around I could use.

Would that damage my PSU in any way?