Reds aren't for me.

old reece frost

So I've had my Corsair K70 [MX red] for roughly 5 months now, and the keyboard itself is great! It's just the switch that I don't like. 

I really think I'd like MX browns since I want the tactile feel but without the noise.

• MX Brown

• Red LEDS

Amazon.co.uk / scan.co.uk links only please

http://www.scan.co.uk/products/vengeance-k70-mechanical-gaming-keyboard-gunmetal-cherry-mx-brown-(uk-english)

You might want to look in the today only section as you could possibly get a couple of quid off. What are you going to do with your old keyboard?

CPU: Intel i7 3750k @4.4 Ghz | Case: Poor MotherbordGigabyte GA-Z77X-UD5H   GPU: EVGA GTX 650 ti |

Power Supply: Seasonic 650W G series | Monitor: HKC2612A Keyboard: Corsair K60  | Mouse: Func-MS3 Headset : Sony MDR - V6

Corsair K70 RGB ;)

Sorry just noticed that has blue LEDs :/

CPU: Intel i7 3750k @4.4 Ghz | Case: Poor MotherbordGigabyte GA-Z77X-UD5H   GPU: EVGA GTX 650 ti |

Power Supply: Seasonic 650W G series | Monitor: HKC2612A Keyboard: Corsair K60  | Mouse: Func-MS3 Headset : Sony MDR - V6

I'll probably just re-sell my current keyboard

Why don't you just replace the Red switches with Brown switches? It's a fair amount of work, but the K70 is expensive and it will probably work out better for you. 

It's by no means easy, but I've done it before and it's not too bad. 

My Personal Rig - AMD 3970X | ASUS sTRX4-Pro | RTX 2080 Super | 64GB Corsair Vengeance Pro RGB DDR4 | CoolerMaster H500P Mesh

My Wife's Rig - AMD 3900X | MSI B450I Gaming | 5500 XT 4GB | 32GB Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4-3200 | Silverstone SG13 White

Why don't you just replace the Red switches with Brown switches? It's a fair amount of work, but the K70 is expensive and it will probably work out better for you. 

It's by no means easy, but I've done it before and it's not too bad. 

I would lose the red LEDs

Just a heads up. If you're a heavy typist like me, you wouldn't really feel the tactile feedback that the browns deliver. They won't deliver much noise or the click as the blues, but they're still noisy if you, again, type heavy. But it's still an awesome switch.

I have a feeling until the RGB is released you won't be able to get a brown switch keyboard with red LEDs from Corsair, no promises but I haven't seen one.

I know this isn't a corsair keyboard but maybe take a look at the cooler master keyboard. They make pretty solid keyboards as well. This one has cherry mx browns. also has the red led you want.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Cooler-Master-Trigger-Mechanical-Keyboard/dp/B00BG4UFLI/ref=sr_1_4?ie=UTF8&qid=1392761721&sr=8-4&keywords=cooler+master+mechanical+keyboard+cherry+brown

I know this isn't a corsair keyboard but maybe take a look at the cooler master keyboard. They make pretty solid keyboards as well. This one has cherry mx browns. also has the red led you want.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Cooler-Master-Trigger-Mechanical-Keyboard/dp/B00BG4UFLI/ref=sr_1_4?ie=UTF8&qid=1392761721&sr=8-4&keywords=cooler+master+mechanical+keyboard+cherry+brown

Thanks! I will have a look at it!

I hated my reds at first, especially when typing... Got used to them after about 4-5 months.

CPU: i7 4770k @ 4.3Ghz with NH-D14 | RAM: 16GB Corsair Vengeance 1600MHz | Motherboard: ASUS Maximus VI Hero | GPU: SLI GTX780 Windforce | SSD: Samsung 840 Pro | HDD: WD Black | PSUEVGA SuperNova 1300W | Case: Fractal Define R4 | Monitor: X-Star DP2710 1440p @ 96Hz | Mouse: DeathAdder  | Keyboard: CM Storm CherryMX Red | Headset: Kraken Pro | Headphones: HE-400

I think the Ducky is a bit out of my price range. 

Thanks anyway :D

Ha was worth a shot :)