R5 3600 glued to heat sink

I installed an R5 3600 on a X570 mobo (for future upgrades). I installed the included cooler. 

Temps were hitting 88C while folding at home, so I got a water coolling option instead. When I removed the cooler, the CPU came with it. The CPU was stuck hard on the heat sink. I pried it off - it didn't release, it more or less popped off. I've never seen anything like it. I got lucky that it didn't land on its pins. 

On water cooling it is maxed out at 75C, which is still rather high IMO. I'm running memory at 3200, as it isn't stable at 3600. 

Any ideas on why this happened?

I used the paste that was pre-applied to the included heat sink. 

If it does come out of the socket with the cooler first, always slide the CPU to the edge of the cooler if that happens to avoid the CPU pop-off from the cooler you experienced.

Be careful as you get close to the edge, it will suddenly want to move easily and suddenly so be aware of that. Do it slowly, take your time and it will be OK.

Also try to do it while the CPU is still warm.

You can push it to the side with the surface of the cooler/CPU even with the edge of a table, that way it will just go off onto the table without dropping down. 

As to why:

Simply put, in most cases it was sticking to the cooler due to simple vaccum. The surrounding air coudn't get in where the TIM was to displace it and that caused the CPU to "Stick".
If it had the original TIM that was on the cooler (Yours did), that stuff can be like gum and I never use it if I don't have to.

As for temps:

Ryzen tends to run warm anyway and you had it folding, that's why you saw the increased temps.

The CPU was under load while folding and it's temps reflected that fact.

I'd suggest doing with the GPU instead, more efficient (faster) and you can score way more points that way too. You can also do it with both if you want but the GPU is preferred. All you have to do is setup a slot for the GPU (Use the defaults it has) and delete the CPU slot for GPU only folding.

If wanting to fold with both, just setup a GPU slot - Done.

"If you ever need anything please don't hesitate to ask someone else first"..... Nirvana
"Whadda ya mean I ain't kind? Just not your kind"..... Megadeth
Speaking of things being "All Inclusive", Hell itself is too.

I'll add if you have to slide it off, be sure the pins of the CPU are UP, not facing down. You'll probrably have it upside down to do it anyway and that's how you want it to be, lands on the CPU lid instead of the pins that way.

You can push on one corner of the CPU to get it moving, it will spin around but that doesn't hurt a thing and will let you know how difficult it will be to get off.

Again, BE CAREFUL once it starts getting to the edge of the cooler, once it starts to clear the cooler it will suddenly become much easier to move, that's when you ease up on the pushing effort and let it slip right off the cooler onto the table surface.

"If you ever need anything please don't hesitate to ask someone else first"..... Nirvana
"Whadda ya mean I ain't kind? Just not your kind"..... Megadeth
Speaking of things being "All Inclusive", Hell itself is too.

Yeah this happens. 

Oddly enough if you want to avoid this in the future run a stress test on your CPU (or anything else that makes it hot) for just a little bit prior to removing it. Doing so will heat the CPU and the thermal paste which will unharden it and make the removal much easier.