webcam

Sub2pewdiepie

due to the corona virus pandemic i have to do online schooling some of my classes are switching over to google meets where we all get together and discuss things however i dont have a webcam for them to be able to see me. i have an s10e and i was wondering if i could somehow connect that to my pc because i have the best connection to the internet on it 

if there is not a way to do that could you point me in the direction of a cheap camera or webcam that i can  use to get buy for the time being

There is app called DroidCam, and you run it on your phone, then connect it to the desktop client either through the network or USB. Then on the software using the webcam, you set the video source as a DroidCam source.

Or you can buy a super cheap webcam online.

Make sure it's supporting your OS.

Ryzen 5700g @ 4.4ghz all cores | Asrock B550M Steel Legend | 3060 | 2x 16gb Micron E 2666 @ 4200mhz cl16 | 500gb WD SN750 | 12 TB HDD | Deepcool Gammax 400 w/ 2 delta 4000rpm push pull | Antec Neo Eco Zen 500w

44 minutes ago, NobodyOfNote said:

There is app called DroidCam, and you run it on your phone, then connect it to the desktop client either through the network or USB. Then on the software using the webcam, you set the video source as a DroidCam source.

thank you the app works great but i am unable to use it on google meets because all that it shows is an orange screen

the orange screen shows when the camera isnt active. make sure the client is connected to your phone, and the camera feed is showing. if you did that, and the orange screen still shows, try changing to a different droidcam source. there software outputs to multiple sources

10 minutes ago, NobodyOfNote said:

the orange screen shows when the camera isnt active. make sure the client is connected to your phone, and the camera feed is showing. if you did that, and the orange screen still shows, try changing to a different droidcam source. there software outputs to multiple sources

how do i change to a different source

In your google meets client, change the video source to DroidCam source 1, 2, 3, or 4

Just now, NobodyOfNote said:

In your google meets client, change the video source to DroidCam source 1, 2, 3, or 4

only source 3 is showing and i can not switch it

I can't really help you there, I'm not familiar with that program. Maybe try restarting it?

Is DroidCam streaming video?

Just now, NobodyOfNote said:

I can't really help you there, I'm not familiar with that program. Maybe try restarting it?

Is DroidCam streaming video?

yes it is streaming it i connected it via usb

Try seeing if the video is working in a different program (i.e. Discord, OBS)

4 minutes ago, NobodyOfNote said:

Try seeing if the video is working in a different program (i.e. Discord, OBS)

i tried it in obs and it detected only source 3 and showed a black screen