Looking for a new case.

Naveronasis

Right now I have an ancient Mountain Mods H2GO case. I love it's full atx hoizontal deisgn but its... extremely dated... by today's standards.

Is there anyone else who still makes custom cases that aren't designed from scratch anymore? (aka not looking for protocase)

Short of that I want a new case but I have some unusual specifications.

Specifications:
2x or more 5.25 drive bays.
Space for at least 5x 3.5" drives.
Non-horizontal GPU mount option that does not block PCI slots. So alternative mounting, or 90 degree rotated case, or horizontal MB config.
Full ATX motherboard support.
Glass/Acrylic window.

One of the things I like about the H2GO case is the space it has for upto 6x mechanical drives and how the bottom fans are so close and blow air DIRECTLY onto the GFX card. I have gotten better cooling results out of the H2GO's fan configuration than out of water cooling thanks to this, though I do plan to completely water cool future builds anyway. I also like the footprint of the case, being compact but with enough space to cram all kinds of full size stuff into it. What I don't like is how much it costs in 2020, how poor the window options are. The too-low clearance for modern air cooling in a pinch. So I was entertaining alternatives and finally after almost 20 years retiring this case to a backup or HTPC.

In the image below (not my build im too lazy to take a pic) you can see how super-compact it is, and how insanely close the fans are to the GFX cards, this build is water cooled, but you could just imagine using a lower PCI-E slot with air cooling how much airflow hits the card. Currently I have a 1080ti EVGA Black edition (with the spiderweb style shroud) which allows me to maximize the potential here. I'm not too concerned with having a compact case, it was just nice. My main goal is to fit all the hardware I want, and not have GPU sag or a giant cooler hanging off my socket. Which again, I know, I could water cool. But still. Also I use most of my PCI slots for things, so I cant have a horizontal mount that obstructs where you mount the GFX card against the window and use a PCI-E extension cable. But maybe there is one that doesn't obstruct. Anyway, I'll probably end up using the case again for my next build even though it has frustrating limitations (like where the fuck to put a reservoir/pump, or having to rebuild half the PC to swap power supplies or doing any cable management at all whatsoever)

Look forward to hearing your suggestions. Thanks!

image.jpeg.50deb560175b82133f7ecd55434c6306.jpeg

What im really hearing you say is Fractal Define R6 (or 7 if you won't save the cash). Lot's of space for 3,5's and a single 5.25. It's really hard to find anything with several 5.25's that is new and modern, unless you go Big Tower i guess, but damn they are big.

I guess if you do a slight bit of modding you could get 2 in there, but honestly just go with a single one. 

14 minutes ago, Snipekillz said:

What im really hearing you say is Fractal Define R6 (or 7 if you won't save the cash)

Well the R7 has 2 5.25" bays but the problem is what I use them for. I make blu ray discs on occasion and still have an optical drive, but more important I use the second bay for a custom front panel connection board. The downside is the R7 has a door on the front, and isn't meant to be seen with the door "Always Open" as it would be in my case. :/ this isn't a vanity project (well not entirely) my desk looks somewhat borg like with all the cables, but ill often have multiple devices quick charging or multiple external drives working on projects, etc. So right now my front panel has a 6 port usb3 with 4 quick charge ports and a card reader bay installed next to the Blueray drive. I also have a front panel control board installed to give me toggle switches for all the internal lighting and whatnot, but I suppose that is optional. (as it's inclusion would require 3 bays at least)

49 minutes ago, Naveronasis said:

Well the R7 has 2 5.25" bays but the problem is what I use them for. I make blu ray discs on occasion and still have an optical drive, but more important I use the second bay for a custom front panel connection board, but ill often have multiple devices quick charging or multiple external drives working on projects, etc. So right now my front panel has a 6 port usb3 with 4 quick charge ports and a card reader bay installed next to the Blueray drive.

Then there is nothing but Big Tower left, however you other demands might not be met. The optical drive is old news, and side mounted GPU's are a new-ish thing. Maybe Lian-Li has something? The only things i can find with 5.25'' bays are older Corsair cases.