Keybase proof integration

stefmmm

Hi i wanted to suggest implementing keybase "proofs" into the forum, i've searched the forum and it seems this hasn't been suggested yet.

Since i'm not that great at explaining, i'll spare both you and me, since the people over at keybase have already explained it better than i ever could.

here is the link to the integration guide with a brief explanation on what "proofs" are, how they work and of course information on how to integrate it.

https://keybase.io/docs/proof_integration_guide

It's an interesting idea, but setting it up looks like it is fairly involved, with API endpoints for keybase to hit and UI for configuring it. The time that I have to develop stuff for the forum is fairly limited, so I'm afraid this isn't going to happen.

HTTP/2 203

2 hours ago, colonel_mortis said:

It's an interesting idea, but setting it up looks like it is fairly involved, with API endpoints for keybase to hit and UI for configuring it. The time that I have to develop stuff for the forum is fairly limited, so I'm afraid this isn't going to happen.

I understand, thanks for taking a look at it tho.

Whats so hard about explaining this? Its like those verified checkmarks, but would work cross-service. Telling that LinusTech on forum is LinusgSebastian on Twitter and Linus Sebastion on LinkedIn. Etc. So like the connection options from profile, but with actual verification that they refer to same person.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv