What things to buy for an broadcast?

BrushyYT
Go to solution Solved by Derkoli,
24 minutes ago, BrushyYT said:

Lol Flex.

Can you give any links? @Derkoli

For microphones, AKG are great for cheap. The Shure SM58 is pretty much an industry standard now for vocals.

For an audio interface, a Behringer UMC22 will work well.

Most headphones will work well, such as the Audio Technica ATH-M20x.

I'm thinking of creating a broadcast and idk what I need.

Also the boardcast will be through discord.

/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\ That's my post /\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\

\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/ Who is that? \/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/

I'm guessing you mean a podcast.

In that case, really all you need is a pair of headphones, a laptop/pc, audio interface and a microphone, and a stand for the microphone, and the cables for it all.

LTT's Resident Porsche fanboy and nutjob Audiophile.

Main speaker setup is now;

Mini DSP SHD Studio -> 2x Mola Mola Tambaqui DAC's (fed by AES/EBU, one feeds the left sub and main, the other feeds the right side) -> 2x Neumann KH420 + 2x Neumann KH870

(Having a totally seperate DAC for each channel is game changing for sound quality)

Lol Flex.

/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\ That's my post /\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\

\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/ Who is that? \/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/

On top of those: consider getting pop filters so that you're not startling listeners every time you use a word starting with "P."

For specific gear: Blue's microphones are good starter units -- they won't blow people away, but you also won't get significant complaints.  You may not need extra stands depending on the models you get and how you use them.

The BroadCast will be through discord.

24 minutes ago, BrushyYT said:

Lol Flex.

For microphones, AKG are great for cheap. The Shure SM58 is pretty much an industry standard now for vocals.

For an audio interface, a Behringer UMC22 will work well.

Most headphones will work well, such as the Audio Technica ATH-M20x.

LTT's Resident Porsche fanboy and nutjob Audiophile.

Main speaker setup is now;

Mini DSP SHD Studio -> 2x Mola Mola Tambaqui DAC's (fed by AES/EBU, one feeds the left sub and main, the other feeds the right side) -> 2x Neumann KH420 + 2x Neumann KH870

(Having a totally seperate DAC for each channel is game changing for sound quality)