New PC Build / Good or Bad?

n0klu

6 minutes ago, n0klu said:

Looks pretty good, although you don't need a 750w power supply, just get the 650w. I would alos reccomend getting a 1tb crucial p1 for the same price, the only difference is performance but that is up to you. Get the AMD Ryzen 5 3600, as it will perform much better, and for the motherboard the B450 MSI Tomahawk Max.

Laptop: HP Spectre x360 13t, i7 8565u with 16 gigs, 512 gig  nvme ssd, UHD 620 4k

Other laptop: Acer Chromebook cb3 431 with 4 gigs, celeron n3060 with hd 400 and 16 gigs eMMC soon to be a minecraft server?

Remeber to tag people or else they wont see your post.

8 minutes ago, n0klu said:

Assuming you are in the US and need no monitor/peripherals I'd go:

RGB adds a good bit on to the cost for no real extra performance. I left the RGB ram in there but I'd personally go for a 16GB 3600MHz CL16 kit. Samsung SSDs are overpriced but a P1 is a solid pick.

Just now, ItzCopiouz said:

Looks pretty good, although you don't need a 750w power supply, just get the 650w. I would alos reccomend getting a 1tb crucial p1 for the same price, the only difference is performance but that is up to you. Get the AMD Ryzen 5 3600, as it will perform much better, and for the motherboard the B450 MSI Tomahawk Max.

Alright thanks man!

Does the Ryzen 5 3600 have a significant advantage over the 9400f?

15 minutes ago, n0klu said:

In terms of RGB do you want to use corsair icue or Asus aura sync, as the G.Skill memory is really good but isn't icue compatible, whereas corsair's RGB Vengeance PRO is compatible with both. The fans are also icue only, if you want to do aura sync I would reccomend the cooler master masterfans for rgb if that is what you want.(I love RGB lol)

Laptop: HP Spectre x360 13t, i7 8565u with 16 gigs, 512 gig  nvme ssd, UHD 620 4k

Other laptop: Acer Chromebook cb3 431 with 4 gigs, celeron n3060 with hd 400 and 16 gigs eMMC soon to be a minecraft server?

Just now, n0klu said:

Alright thanks man!

Does the Ryzen 5 3600 have a significant advantage over the 9400f?

It does, and it also comes with a solid stock cooler. The 3600 also has hyperthreading which allows for more tasks to be done at one time.

8 minutes ago, gloop said:

Assuming you are in the US and need no monitor/peripherals I'd go:

RGB adds a good bit on to the cost for no real extra performance. I left the RGB ram in there but I'd personally go for a 16GB 3600MHz CL16 kit. Samsung SSDs are overpriced but a P1 is a solid pick.

When I checked that list on pcpartpicker, it said that the motherboard requires a BIOS update? How would I update it?

With that budget you can get a Ryzen 3600 system with hyperthreading, faster ram, 1TB NVMe SSD and even a 2080 Super. 

What kind of 'gaming' and 'work' are you doing? This could mean some occasional minesweeper and 8K videoediting or competitive CS:GO and some office word. What monitor are you using?

Edit: No need to worry about updating your BIOS. The MSI Max boards were released after 3rd gen Ryzen and are all compatible out of the box.

Edited by ShinRamen
See above