Hello, should I buy older whole server with two Intel Xeon E5-2630 v4, 128GB DDR4 RAM or new only CPU, RAM, MB AMD RYZEN 9 3900X with 64 GB DDR4 RAM. PSU and case I already have. Priced roughly the same. It will run vmware ESXi with virtualized minecraft servers, web and DB server, teamspeak server and OMV NAS. Thank you

Do you care about power usage and noise? Ryzen desktop will be much faster there.

Do you need more than 64gb of ram? The ram should get cheaper on the server quicker, and supports much more ram.

The server has offical support for esxi, so there will be less of a chance of weird issues.

I don't care about power usage and noise. I already have server with i7 7700k and 32 GB RAM running esxi and it isn't enough. I want it to be future proof.

1 minute ago, michuk said:

I don't care about power usage and noise. I already have server with i7 7700k and 32 GB RAM running esxi and it isn't enough. I want it to be future proof.

Id personally go with the used server, much better cpu and ram upgrade options, and better server features like impi, offical software support, hot swap and other features.

9 hours ago, michuk said:

What part isn't enough? 

Also, future proof isn't a thing - only longevity, what is your realistic upgrade schedule? How many years do you want to get out of this before the next upgrade? What do you have for an upgrade budget for the future?