Samsung S20+ died after 2 days and the company wont help

My Samsung S20+ died after 2 days and the company wont help

Hey guys, I need some help. Whether that's advice on how to get Samsung to help me or how I can solve the problem myself. I will start by explaining what happened. There were two different situations the phone did odd things. The first time (day one of having the phone), I was at work and on my break when I pulled out my phone and instead of the standard UI, the screen showed command prompt like script. I freaked out but did nothing because I didn't have time to deal with it at work. So I placed the phone back in my pocket and lo and behold a couple of hours later when I next looked at it, the phone was fine and normal again.

Fast forward to a few hours later, (day two of having the phone, bonus points for its final death being on my birthday) the phone was sitting faceup on a table in front of me, I hadn't so much as glanced at it in quite a while, suddenly the screen came on and was on the odd script like page again. This time it gave me a prompt to factory data reset my phone. So I did, hoping that would be the end of it. On boot it gave me a blue screen of death and told me the phone had been flashed with unauthorized software.

Since then, I've taken it to a Samsung authorized repair shop (where they couldn't fix it and alluded that it was probably a hardware problem even though the phone was saying it had been rooted). Then I mailed it into Samsung, where they did nothing and sent it back to me unrepaired. The cited reason for being unable to repair it was that the device was rooted. Which I hadn't done. So now I'm out all the money I spent on the phone and have a very expensive paper weight.

All that being said, is there anything you guys think I can do to either get Samsung to fix it/send me a new phone? All of my favorite phones have been Samsungs and I'm having a hard time coming to terms with the fact that they would do this to a customer. This is the type of thing I'm used to hearing about Apple customer service and the reason I've clung to Samsung for so long. 

Thanks a ton in advance. If pictures of the error messages would help let me know and I can post the ones from the second day since I was home and had my backup phone.

you should post something o their twitter or other social media platforms since its their flagship device they wont want any negative press about a device dying so soon.

CPU AMD 5800x_____Asus Crosshair VIII_____Asus Strix LC 360_____RAM Corsair Dominator Pro 2x8Gb 3600mhz_____ASUS RTX 3080 Strix

PSU Corsair HX1000w_____CASE Lian Li 011 Dynamic (original choice right? w/9 UNI Fans)_____Keyboard Razer BlackWidow Chroma_____Mouse Razer Deathadder Chroma_____Headphones Bose QC25_____Monitor (1) Acer Predator XB1 144hz G-Sync  (2) Benq 144hz G-Sync

Microphone Blue Yeti Black

Razer Blade 14

Also an XBOX one s.

Good idea Acid Panda, I will work on a post to go on Twitter and Facebook. I tried to add a review to their website but surprise surprise, it has yet to appear.

2 minutes ago, huilun02 said:

1. Where did you buy the phone from?

Directly from Samsung 

2 minutes ago, huilun02 said:

2. Get an authorized repair shop to flash it back to stock for you. If this fixes it, pay them. If it does not, you have proof that its not a software fault.

I did that before mailing the phone to them, the repair shop was unable to flash it back to stock. Samsung is unwilling to even try to fix it.

Over the years I've heard horror stories about people going to Apple with a problem and having them tell them either they can't repair something and that it needs replaced or quote an outrageous price for a fix. Up until myself, I had never once heard of something like this happening with Samsung as a company. Every story I heard the company took care of their customers if they had a problem. More importantly, I rarely heard of any serious problems.

9 hours ago, runningpayne said:

Directly from Samsung 

I did that before mailing the phone to them, the repair shop was unable to flash it back to stock. Samsung is unwilling to even try to fix it.

Over the years I've heard horror stories about people going to Apple with a problem and having them tell them either they can't repair something and that it needs replaced or quote an outrageous price for a fix. Up until myself, I had never once heard of something like this happening with Samsung as a company. Every story I heard the company took care of their customers if they had a problem. More importantly, I rarely heard of any serious problems.

Their appliances suck, and I heard their cnc machine tools suck too, but I’ve never used one.

Surprised to hear about the phone though. I know Apple kind of has a bad rep, but I’ve always gotten excellent service the times I have needed it. But you pay for it I guess lol.

It appears you do with Samsung now a days too..

AMD R7 5800X3D | Thermalright Aqua Elite 360, 3x TL-B12, 2x TL-K12
Asus Crosshair VIII Dark Hero | 32GB G.Skill Trident Z @ 3733C14
Zotac 4070 Ti Trinity OC @ 3045/1495 | WD SN850, SN850X
Seasonic Vertex GX-1000 | Fractal Torrent Compact, 2x TL-B14

15 hours ago, huilun02 said:

That would be proof of a hardware fault. Have the repair shop mail it to Samsung for repair/replacement on your behalf. Pay them a bit if you have to.

So you are avoiding Apple rather than being attracted to Samsung.

Yeah, you have a fair point. I have been avoiding Apple. But I do also love their phones, its the screens man, they are too pretty for their own good.

On 3/27/2020 at 1:32 PM, runningpayne said:

My Samsung S20+ died after 2 days and the company wont help

Hey guys, I need some help. Whether that's advice on how to get Samsung to help me or how I can solve the problem myself. I will start by explaining what happened. There were two different situations the phone did odd things. The first time (day one of having the phone), I was at work and on my break when I pulled out my phone and instead of the standard UI, the screen showed command prompt like script. I freaked out but did nothing because I didn't have time to deal with it at work. So I placed the phone back in my pocket and lo and behold a couple of hours later when I next looked at it, the phone was fine and normal again.

Fast forward to a few hours later, (day two of having the phone, bonus points for its final death being on my birthday) the phone was sitting faceup on a table in front of me, I hadn't so much as glanced at it in quite a while, suddenly the screen came on and was on the odd script like page again. This time it gave me a prompt to factory data reset my phone. So I did, hoping that would be the end of it. On boot it gave me a blue screen of death and told me the phone had been flashed with unauthorized software.

Since then, I've taken it to a Samsung authorized repair shop (where they couldn't fix it and alluded that it was probably a hardware problem even though the phone was saying it had been rooted). Then I mailed it into Samsung, where they did nothing and sent it back to me unrepaired. The cited reason for being unable to repair it was that the device was rooted. Which I hadn't done. So now I'm out all the money I spent on the phone and have a very expensive paper weight.

All that being said, is there anything you guys think I can do to either get Samsung to fix it/send me a new phone? All of my favorite phones have been Samsungs and I'm having a hard time coming to terms with the fact that they would do this to a customer. This is the type of thing I'm used to hearing about Apple customer service and the reason I've clung to Samsung for so long. 

Thanks a ton in advance. If pictures of the error messages would help let me know and I can post the ones from the second day since I was home and had my backup phone.

Sounds weird, are there still emails and texts and stuff that can brick android going around? 

Dirty Windows Peasants :P ?

I would suggest seeing if you can reflash the software with Odin. I won't give you steps here, but there are plenty of tutorials online. 

Reprogramming the phone should fix anything weird in the software. 

Did they tell you why they think it was rooted?