Headphone choices for <£150

Ddm5

I've been looking at a few headphones at around this price range and for love no money I cannot make my mind up, I've narrowed it down to 3 at the moment and would opinions on each as I cannot make my mind up. 
Current ones I've looked at: 

1. Audio Technica ATH-M50's
2. Beyerdynamic DT990 Pro's 
3. Sennheiser HD 598's. 

I'm aware that I would need an Amp for the Beyer's as they are 250ohm Headphones, I'm not entirely sure I would need one for the Sennheisers at 80ohm and the ATH-M50's can be used with anything due to them being 32ohm. 

Any help will be appreciated, thanks. 

Note; these will be used for all round use, gaming, listening to music, etc. 

Cpu: i5-2500k @4.8Ghz, MB: Asus Maximus V Formula, CPU cooler: Be quiet! Dark rock pro 2, GPU: Evga Gtx660 FTW@1.24ghz. Ram: Corsair Vengeance 8GB 1866Mhz, PSU: Be quiet! 730w Semi modular, SSD: Corsair force 3 240Gb, HDD: WD Green 1TB, Case: Nzxt H2 with 4 Corsair SP120's, Win7

Get Sennheisers, people are saying that m50's are not comfortable for very long sessions.

Location: Kaunas, Lithuania, Europe, Earth, Solar System, Local Interstellar Cloud, Local Bubble, Gould Belt, Orion Arm, Milky Way, Milky Way subgroup, Local Group, Virgo Supercluster, Laniakea, Pisces–Cetus Supercluster Complex, Observable universe, Universe.

Spoiler

12700, B660M Mortar DDR4, 32GB 3200C16 Viper Steel, 2TB SN570, EVGA Supernova G6 850W, be quiet! 500FX, EVGA 3070Ti FTW3 Ultra.

With your motherboard, your onboard sound should be fine enough for the 598's.

I would personally get the sennheisers, but I would get the 558's since they are basically the same thing as the 598's.

Ryzen 1600@3.8ghz / 16gb 2400mhzASRock B350 ITX / Gigabyte RX 470 4gb / 256gb M.2 / SG13B-Q / Corsair 450w

Well, alternatively, you can pick up Pioneer SE A1000. They are audiophile grade headphones for cheap money. Frequency response and looks should convince you dont need expensive headphones if you dont want to spend extra money.

DT990's, your motherboard can drive them

The only problem is as far as I can see is the need for an AMP when i move to something other than my main PC, such as my older laptop or my tablet. 

990's. I have the 250ohms and they DO NOT need an AMP. They also sound epic. 

With your motherboard, your onboard sound should be fine enough for the 598's.

I would personally get the sennheisers, but I would get the 558's since they are basically the same thing as the 598's.

I've read up on the previous revision of the 558's also having the issue with the cracking? 

Get Sennheisers, people are saying that m50's are not comfortable for very long sessions.

The only problem I can see is the fact that the m50's cups are fake leather compared to the 558, 598, 990's more cloth like covering (Forgot the word),

Cpu: i5-2500k @4.8Ghz, MB: Asus Maximus V Formula, CPU cooler: Be quiet! Dark rock pro 2, GPU: Evga Gtx660 FTW@1.24ghz. Ram: Corsair Vengeance 8GB 1866Mhz, PSU: Be quiet! 730w Semi modular, SSD: Corsair force 3 240Gb, HDD: WD Green 1TB, Case: Nzxt H2 with 4 Corsair SP120's, Win7

The only problem is as far as I can see is the need for an AMP when i move to something other than my main PC, such as my older laptop or my tablet. 

I've read up on the previous revision of the 558's also having the issue with the cracking? 

The only problem I can see is the fact that the m50's cups are fake leather compared to the 558, 598, 990's more cloth like covering (Forgot the word),

I've never heard of the 558's cracking at all.

Ryzen 1600@3.8ghz / 16gb 2400mhzASRock B350 ITX / Gigabyte RX 470 4gb / 256gb M.2 / SG13B-Q / Corsair 450w

They say m50's clamp hard too.

Location: Kaunas, Lithuania, Europe, Earth, Solar System, Local Interstellar Cloud, Local Bubble, Gould Belt, Orion Arm, Milky Way, Milky Way subgroup, Local Group, Virgo Supercluster, Laniakea, Pisces–Cetus Supercluster Complex, Observable universe, Universe.

Spoiler

12700, B660M Mortar DDR4, 32GB 3200C16 Viper Steel, 2TB SN570, EVGA Supernova G6 850W, be quiet! 500FX, EVGA 3070Ti FTW3 Ultra.

I can run my 990's on my tablet, laptop, mp3 player and phone. You're fine. 

I've never heard of the 558's cracking at all.

Was a problem for the first gen, has since been revised. 

Was a problem for the first gen, has since been revised. 

Pretty much this. 

They say m50's clamp hard too.

Personal preference, some people may be sensitive to the force exerted by the headphones, I'll look into it more. 

I can run my 990's on my tablet, laptop, mp3 player and phone. You're fine. 

I'll have a think about it. 

DT990's, your motherboard can drive them

Quick question mate, I've watched a couple of unboxings on the DT990's and my main question is, the part that connects to the cups to the headband the U shape, is it metal or plastic? 

Personal preference, some people may be sensitive to the force exerted by the headphones, I'll look into it more. 

Doesn't help that they are also better values. In terms of sound and comfort, for the price that they M50 should cost, and what it does. 

Quick question mate, I've watched a couple of unboxings on the DT990's and my main question is, the part that connects to the cups to the headband the U shape, is it metal or plastic? 

Depends on the version you buy, the yoke on the Pro is plastic, the Premium is metal. 

Depends on the version you buy, the yoke on the Pro is plastic, the Premium is metal. 

Ughh, I was half hoping for it to be metal, but the premiums price over the pro is nearly 2x. 

Ughh, I was half hoping for it to be metal, but the premiums price over the pro is nearly 2x. 

Even the Pro can support a cinder blocks weight just fine

Even the Pro can support a cinder blocks weight just fine

I'm just cautious mate to be perfectly honest, I accidently snapped my pair of Turtle Beach PX21's, bear in mind this was around 3-5 Years ago and I still use them for Skype and what not, so I'm in dire need of a pair and I will probably pick up the Beyer's tomorrow now. 

I'm just cautious mate to be perfectly honest, I accidently snapped my pair of Turtle Beach PX21's, bear in mind this was around 3-5 Years ago and I still use them for Skype and what not, so I'm in dire need of a pair and I will probably pick up the Beyer's tomorrow now. 

Let me put what you just said like this. 

You just crumpled a piece of paper, and are afraid of of breaking Wolverines bones...

Let me put what you just said like this. 

You just crumpled a piece of paper, and are afraid of of breaking Wolverines bones...

I'm perfectly aware of the difference, I'm just a tad paranoid. 

I'm perfectly aware of the difference, I'm just a tad paranoid. 

Which is fine, but after you get them in hand you won't be. 

Which is fine, but after you get them in hand you won't be. 

Probably not, but I guess that's settled anyway, I'll pick these up tomorrow off Amazon and I'll hopefully have them on Wednesday. 

Probably not, but I guess that's settled anyway, I'll pick these up tomorrow off Amazon and I'll hopefully have them on Wednesday. 

Trust the headphones, you will believe. And unlike other brands, Beyer sell replacement parts. Pad tears? Buy new set. Cable shorts? Buy new one. Cracked impossible to break headband? Replacement available. 

Trust the headphones, you will believe. And unlike other brands, Beyer sell replacement parts. Pad tears? Buy new set. Cable shorts? Buy new one. Cracked impossible to break headband? Replacement available. 

Pretty much a replacement for any part I break?