USB Device not recognised

Guiltyxz

Hi, when I connect my Logitech G920 racing wheel Windows says USB device not recognised. I checked Device Manager and it says Device Descriptor Request Failed. I used it yesterday with no issues, I have tryed uninstalling and reinstalling the drivers and restarting my PC. How can I fix this?

PC: Ryzen 7 2700 | RX 5700 XT | Asus Prime B450-PLUS | CoolerMaster Masterwatt 600W | 32GB Corsair Vengeance 3200MHz RAM | 512GB NVME SSD & 7TB combined HDD | macOS Monterey 12.6.6, Windows 7 Ultimate x64 and WIndows 10 Pro x64

Laptop: MacBook Pro 15" 2015 | i7-4870HQ | R9 M370X | 16gb | 1tb SSD

iPhone 13 Pro Max | 256GB | iOS 15.7

My Folding Stats | #MuricaParrotGang

1 hour ago, Guiltyx said:

Hi, when I connect my Logitech G920 racing wheel Windows says USB device not recognised. I checked Device Manager and it says Device Descriptor Request Failed. I used it yesterday with no issues, I have tryed uninstalling and reinstalling the drivers and restarting my PC. How can I fix this?

Check if the wheel needs external power. I've seen this exact thing happen with Polycom wireless headsets, and you fix it by unplugging the USB headset, deleting the usb device with the yellow ! in device manager, unplugging and replugging the power on the headset, then plug the USB headset back in.

If you have it plugged into a USB hub, you might need a powered USB hub. Basically the primary reason for the message is that the PC can't power the device enough to figure out what it is, and it will leave a mess in device manager if it's left to operate that way.