Pc died, peripherals LEDs still blink

Hey guys,

I‘m new to this Forum and desperately need your help.

Yesterday, I connected a new HDD to my computer. When I reconnected the cable of my PSU and tried to boot my computer, it didn‘t Turn on whatsoever. Only my keyboard and mouse have blinking LEDs as long as the PC is connected to an Outlet.

My First thought was to take out the HDD I had just installed, which wasn‘t fixing the error. I‘ve also tried other troubleshooting steps like waiting 2 hours with the PSU Switch set to off and Power disconnected, replacing my MoBo cr2032 battery, trying to Remove all drives and even swapping out my graphics Card. I‘ve also tried disconnecting and reconnecting the 24pin MB connector and swapping RAM sticks. All of the steps above didn‘t help.

Since I am a photographer and videographer, i Need a PC to edit and earn money.

Do you guys think my Motherboard/PSU is Fried? My System has Been running Just Fine for about 8 years now.

Thanks for helping a PC Noob out.

Specsheet: Intel I7 3820

AsRock x97 MB

16Gb LPX 1600mhz RAM 

GTX 1050ti

Samsung 860 250Gb SSD

Bequiet Bronze plus 500 Watt Dark ‘something‘ PSU

Windows 10 Pro latest update 

Although you did replace your mainboard battery you may didn't wait long enough (5-10min). Better try to short-circuit your CMOS reset pins using a jumper or maybe a screwdriver (look up your mainboard manual). Before that, make sure you have the power supply turned off and better press the power button once to be sure there is no static current left.

Also unplug all unnecessary hardware (use only one RAM stick, no SSD).

If you don't have a debug led, a buzzer pin or similar you can only try replacing parts beginning with your mainboard.

2 minutes ago, KowalskiDebug said:

Although you did replace your mainboard battery you may didn't wait long enough (5-10min). Better try to short-circuit your CMOS reset pins using a jumper or maybe a screwdriver (look up your mainboard manual). Before that, make sure you have the power supply turned off and better press the power button once to be sure there is no static current left.

Also unplug all unnecessary hardware (use only one RAM stick, no SSD).

If you don't have a debug led (MSI) or similar (e.g. a buzzer pin) you can only try replacing parts beginning with your mainboard.

I tried several times after replacing the battery. I’ll try to short-circuit my cmos reset pins tomorrow and let you know how it went. I forgot to mention I tried starting my pc up bare bones with everything disconnected, which didn’t work too. 

thanks for the quick response anyways!