dual 6 pin to 8 pin or 6 pin to 8 pin adapters

so my psu got 2 6 pin, and my new gpu needs 1 8 pin, is there any difference between i purchasing the 6 pin to 8 pin and the dual 6 pin to 8 pin (which is rare in my country and 10x more expensive)?

If you use a 6 to 8 and the wiring of the PSU isn't dimensioned appropriately to take the additional load you might melt some cables.

F@H
Desktop: i9-13900K, ASUS Z790-E, 64GB DDR5-6000 CL36, RTX3080, 2TB MP600 Pro XT, 2TB SX8200Pro, 2x16TB Ironwolf RAID0, Corsair HX1200, Antec Vortex 360 AIO, Thermaltake Versa H25 TG, Samsung 4K curved 49" TV, 23" secondary, Mountain Everest Max

Mobile SFF rig: i9-9900K, Noctua NH-L9i, Asrock Z390 Phantom ITX-AC, 32GB, GTX1070, 2x1TB SX8200Pro RAID0, 2x5TB 2.5" HDD RAID0, Athena 500W Flex (Noctua fan), Custom 4.7l 3D printed case

Asus Zenbook UM325UA, Ryzen 7 5700u, 16GB, 1TB, OLED

GPD Win 2

No. Even if your PSU uses multiple rails it should be fine with having the GPU on just the one cable. What PSU do you have?

CPU: Ryzen 3700X VGA: RX 5700 8G RAM: 32GB 3200MT/s DDR4 Motherboard: B450 Aorus Pro

Storage: 2x1TB Crucial P2, 1TB Crucial MX500, 36TB NAS Cooling: Custom Loop 360mm & 280mm

PSU: Super Flower Golden Green HX 650W Case: Phanteks Enthoo Luxe

Dual 6 pin is recommend over a single for the same reason the 8 pin was introduced. To spread the load over more wires.

Unless you've got a high end card though, it's not something to worry about.

-アパゾ

14 minutes ago, Kilrah said:

If you use a 6 to 8 and the wiring of the PSU isn't dimensioned appropriately to take the additional load you might melt some cables.

would it melt even though i got sleeve on it?

15 minutes ago, Domifi said:

No. Even if your PSU uses multiple rails it should be fine with having the GPU on just the one cable. What PSU do you have?

i got VenomRX Iron Clan 500W

Putting a sleeve on it will not affect it.

Especially since it's not really about carrying more power but controlling interference [ground bounce] thus allowing more power over the same wires.

What is your gfx card? If it pulls ~125w or less, there is nothing to worry about.

-アパゾ

9 hours ago, APasz said:

Putting a sleeve on it will not affect it.

Especially since it's not really about carrying more power but controlling interference [ground bounce] thus allowing more power over the same wires.

What is your gfx card? If it pulls ~125w or less, there is nothing to worry about.

i use gtx 1660 about 120w