Unlimited data?

TOdom

Not exactly mobile GAMING, but is there any cell provider in the US that gives you ACTUALLY unlimited data? Everything I find is like "unlimited but you get throttled to completely unusable speeds at 'x' GB", anyone know if a provider has actually no cap unlimited data? Or if not is there some sort of loophole? My manager said she did some loophole with Verizon and get unlimited...

I'm a pizza guy and I really just want to listen to music and podcasts in the car, and I know neither of those take up too much data but I'm hitting my cap really early and it sucks. Maybe an unlimited subscription based hotspot or something would be better if those exist? 

I don't know of any provider but luckily if that's your main usecase, it's not really necessary.  I would cache the content at home on wifi and then you don't need to waste data on it.  This would be more problematic if your usage wasn't something that could be easily offset in this manner.

Solve your own audio issues  |  First Steps with RPi 3  |  Humidity & Condensation  |  Sleep & Hibernation  |  Overclocking RAM  |  Making Backups  |  Displays  |  4K / 8K / 16K / etc.  |  Do I need 80+ Platinum?

If you can read this you're using the wrong theme.  You can change it at the bottom.

On 3/22/2020 at 1:47 AM, Ryan_Vickers said:

I don't know of any provider but luckily if that's your main usecase, it's not really necessary.  I would cache the content at home on wifi and then you don't need to waste data on it.  This would be more problematic if your usage wasn't something that could be easily offset in this manner.

Yeah but if I want to listen to new music at random the way Spotify does if you just search a song and let it play without a playlist selected then I can't really download it. And If there's a podcast only available on youtube then I can't download it without YT premium

• 2 weeks later...

Tmobile doesn't relay throttle you and they give you 64gigs before they even try. 

I use 30+gb on my Note 10+ frequently on Verizon and dont have issues with it being throttled, and I use mine for a lot of video and gaming if that helps

Also T-Mobile I've heard in general is pretty generous with their mobile data stuff

Inari - Ryzen 9 3900X, Gigabyte X570 Aorus Master, 32gb Corsair Dominator Platinum RGB DDR4-3400, eVGA RTX 3080 FTW3, Corsair Crystal 680X, 2x Corsair MP510 960gb SSD, 1x Samsung 860 EVO 1TB SSD, 2x Toshiba 5TB HDDs, Acer Predator X27, Lots of Sony camera equipment

Asus RoG Zephyrus G15 5900HS/3070/QHD On Order

Better option would be a Spotify Premium subscription that way you can download all the music + podcasts you like to listen to and also you don't have to get spotify ads

CPU: Core i9 12900K || CPU COOLER : Corsair H100i Pro XT || MOBO : ASUS Prime Z690 PLUS D4 || GPU: PowerColor RX 6800XT Red Dragon || RAM: 4x8GB Corsair Vengeance (3200) || SSDs: Samsung 970 Evo 250GB (Boot), Crucial P2 1TB, Crucial MX500 1TB (x2), Samsung 850 EVO 1TB || PSU: Corsair RM850 || CASE: Fractal Design Meshify C Mini || MONITOR: Acer Predator X34A (1440p 100hz), HP 27yh (1080p 60hz) || KEYBOARD: GameSir GK300 || MOUSE: Logitech G502 Hero || AUDIO: Bose QC35 II || CASE FANS : 2x Corsair ML140, 1x BeQuiet SilentWings 3 120 ||

LAPTOP: Dell XPS 15 7590

TABLET: iPad Pro

PHONE: Galaxy S9

She/they 

• 3 weeks later...

When I signed up for AT&T it said "unlimited data and at 25GB of usage, you may be throttled at peak hours."
I've not been throttled yet.

Currently focusing on my video game collection.

It doesn't matter what you play games on, just play good games you enjoy.

On 4/9/2020 at 12:51 AM, KenjiS9965 said:

I use 30+gb on my Note 10+ frequently on Verizon and dont have issues with it being throttled, and I use mine for a lot of video and gaming if that helps

Also T-Mobile I've heard in general is pretty generous with their mobile data stuff

Can confirm, T-Mobile gives 50GB before you see 'reduced speeds in congested areas' but it was nothing like Verizon, after I passed 22gb on Verizon my speeds dropped to basically 0, noticed no difference on Tmobile after passing 50GB.

why no dark mode?
Current:

Watercooled Eluktronics THICC-17 (Clevo X170SM-G):
CPU: i9-10900k @ 4.9GHz all core
GPU: RTX 2080 Super (Max P 200W)
RAM: 32GB (4x8GB) @ 3200MTs

Storage: 512GB HP EX NVMe SSD, 2TB Silicon Power NVMe SSD
Displays: Asus ROG XG-17 1080p@240Hz (G-Sync), IPS 1080p@240Hz (G-Sync), Gigabyte M32U 4k@144Hz (G-Sync), External Laptop panel (LTN173HT02) 1080p@120Hz

Asus ROG Flow Z13 (GZ301ZE) W/ Increased Power Limit:
CPU: i9-12900H @ Up to 5.0GHz all core
- dGPU: RTX 3050 Ti 4GB

- eGPU: RTX 3080 (mobile) XGm 16GB
RAM: 16GB (8x2GB) @ 5200MTs

Storage: 1TB NVMe SSD, 1TB MicroSD
Display: 1200p@120Hz

Asus Zenbook Duo (UX481FLY):

CPU: i7-10510U @ Up to 4.3 GHz all core
- GPU: MX 250
RAM: 16GB (8x2GB) @ 2133MTs

Storage: 128GB SATA M.2 (NVMe no worky)
Display: Main 1080p@60Hz + Screnpad Plus 1920x515@60Hz

Custom Game Server:

CPUs: Ryzen 7 7700X @ 5.1GHz all core

RAM: 128GB (4x32GB) DDR5 @ whatever it'll boot at xD (I think it's 3600MTs)

Storage: 2x 1TB WD Blue NVMe SSD in RAID 1, 4x 10TB HGST Enterprise HDD in RAID Z1