CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 3600

CPU Cooler: NZXT X72 Kraken

MOBO: MSI X570-A PRO

GPU: Gigabyte Radeon RX Vega 64 8GB OC

RAM: 32GB(4x8GB) G.Skill TridentZ RGB 3200MHz CL16

Storage: 2TB Samsung 660p M.2 NVMe SSD and 2TB Seagate Barracuda 3.5" HDD

PSU: Corsair RMx 850W

Case: NZXT H710i

I've included this so you can see what hardware I am currently working with obviously. I have a few questions because I new to working with computer hardware, although I am trying to learn. Currently I have 2 Acer SB220Q monitors(https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07CVL2D2S/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1).

I'm looking to upgrade to monitors that are preferably right around the same size, but I would like to be able to have at least one monitor be able to rotate to portrait mode; I am a CS major and think this might be useful for coding. The monitors do not have to be identical, although this would be nice. I also do gaming on my pc so I don't know how exactly to pick a gaming monitor. I know higher refresh rates are better, but only if the GPU can push that FPS. It would be nice to have 4K, but is it worth sacrificing the refresh rate for gaming? Any suggestions that could hit my "wants" would be much appreciated as well as any education you guys provide. 👍

4K is not a deal break just as being able to rotate the monitor is not a deal breaker, but would be nice.

I would suggest buying a cheap amazonbasics stand and changing the rotation in windows 

1 minute ago, Ryzen4Life said:

I would suggest buying a cheap amazonbasics stand and changing the rotation in windows 

These monitors do not have support for VESA mounting if that is what you are suggesting.