First Time PC build - AFTER EFFECTS / C4D - OCTANE

Got the cable situation sorted maybe, we did one PCie 8 Pin (6+2) to the 8 pin on the power supply and left the 6pin on the GPU empty. 

Now im stuck, I had the GPU plugged in, the mobo power plugged in, the CPU cooler fan plugged in, HDMI monitor into the GPU, and Keyboard + mouse in mobo. 

Turning on the power supply, everything lights up, but when I booted up by bridging the pins of the power button and pressing the delete key there seems to be an issue. 

- The white VGA error light / indicator is on 

- The Q-code LED reads AE 

- GPU fans don't spin 

- Seems like the monitor can't find the input 

Not really sure what to do next. 

@lee32uk / @boggy77

is the gpu plugged in to the top pcie slot? try a few more boots, or try to leave it on a bit, sometimes when it first starts it takes a while to configure memory and everything. also try to reset cmos

@boggy77

Ok update -

I was stuck on the VGA thing for a while. Ended up getting past that by using an additional PCie 8 Pin (6+2) [using only 6 to fill the last input on the GPU, leaving some extra unused, then to connecting that to power supply] 

I made sure the GPU was plugged into the top PCIe slot (8x2 - into the first slot, then the remaining 6 into the next slot on the power supply.) 

Reset the cmos with the power off / unplugged. Connect them for a few seconds then tried to boot again holding delete key. 

NOW - Stuck on green boot light and white VGA light. Q-CODE is 02 (AP initialization before microcode loading) 

Still no bios / no display. Tried a few boots, and leaving it on a few minutes - all thought the GPU fans spin up and turn off now.

! Huzzuh

I think I got it, or at least I got it to post. Just getting to bios now. 

All I did was switch the display port to an HDMI directly from the graphics card. 

Q-CODE is A9 (start of setup) and the green boot light is on.