Looking for a Place to learn code

AustinKZombie

So I live with 30 minutes of Toronto and im looking to learn how to program iPhone apps(just for fun) and Im 14 and would really like to learn but im not sure where to go or what to do.

Don't start with iPhone...

i5 4670k @ 4.2GHz (Coolermaster Hyper 212 Evo); ASrock Z87 EXTREME4; 8GB Kingston HyperX Beast DDR3 RAM @ 2133MHz; Asus DirectCU GTX 560; Super Flower Golden King 550 Platinum PSU;1TB Seagate Barracuda;Corsair 200r case. 

Don't start with iPhone...

Why not?

@OP: There are tons of good resources online, it's really no longer than a google search away.

learn basic code (Python or Java) before you want to jump head first in Objective C

Ok but that still bags the question where do I learn these I am not the type to learn from reading a book.

Ok but that still bags the question where do I learn these I am not the type to learn from reading a book.

tbh reading is the best way to learn, but coding academy is a good start for java

Why not?

@OP: There are tons of good resources online, it's really no longer than a google search away.

Objective C has a very high barrier of entry if you know nothing of coding.

I have a couple of friends who started with app development for iOS and they all did just fine. Sure Objective C is a little less friendly than Java, but if it's what you want to do there's no reason not to start there. It's really not THAT bad, and as I already said there are tons of good resources online.

I went to uni with 0 knowledge about any programming language, and started with c++, with a standard hello world. If OP can get his hands on VS, I would encourage learning c++ or c#. They can mix it with fun by making simple games in console or even xna/sfml after a while. It's never too early to start proper low level programming. I wish I could do that at the age of 16 instead of modding C&C generals.