versa 2 sleep tracking working for me but not for my friend

so my friend has a versa 2 that he bought one and a half weeks ago. he wore it every night for the sleep score and sleep stages but never got to see the results. he slept at 11 pm and woke up at 8 30 am but according to Fitbit he slept for 3 hours 12 to 2 am and 5 to 6 am. this info is also not in sleep stages but in some weird bar graphs and it says above it "see why you didn't get full sleep stages info". I made him wear the watch 2 to 3 fingers width above the wrist bone and also flipped(heartrate sensor facing the inner side of the hand) still it showed these kinds of data.

one day I tried his watch and in the morning it worked perfectly for me. whats going on?

Everyone is different. I think that the versa tracks  heartbeat, so maybe try wearing it on different parts of the wrist and experiment. There may also be a setting or something that could affect results

@Abhinavp

Either @piratemonkey or quote me when responding to me. I won't see otherwise

Put a reaction on my post if I helped

My privacy guide | Why my name is piratemonkey PSU Tier List Motherboard VRM Tier List

What I say is from experience and the internet, and may not be 100% correct

38 minutes ago, piratemonkey said:

Everyone is different. I think that the versa tracks  heartbeat, so maybe try wearing it on different parts of the wrist and experiment. There may also be a setting or something that could affect results

@Abhinavp

he has tried many positions of the watch still the same results... is it because of hair on his arm but he also tried wearing it on the inside of his hand where there is minimum hair...

1 minute ago, Abhinavp said:

he has tried many positions of the watch still the same results... is it because of hair on his arm but he also tried wearing it on the inside of his hand where there is minimum hair...

That's very weird, especially as it worked fine with you. Maybe there is some way to calibrate it? It shouldn't really matter on the hair, because (i think) it measures sleep with heartbeat

My privacy guide | Why my name is piratemonkey PSU Tier List Motherboard VRM Tier List

3 minutes ago, piratemonkey said:

That's very weird, especially as it worked fine with you. Maybe there is some way to calibrate it? It shouldn't really matter on the hair, because (i think) it measures sleep with heartbeat

hmm... thanks for the help though!

Sorry for not being able to help fix the problem