Best Upgrade?

Kuzma

Well purchased some Sennheiser HD 202-II's around christmas type and I'm simply in love with them!

I still find myself smiling at how clear my music is and all the little things in my music I could never hear before and I just want more (typical human nature, greed) any recommended headphones that have a similar smooth sound? I've head that this is kinda of a Sennheiser thing so I'm guessing Sennheiser would be preferred?

Console optimisations and how they will effect you | The difference between AMD cores and Intel cores | Memory Bus size and how it effects your VRAM usage |
How much vram do you actually need? | APUs and the future of processing | Projects: SO - here

Intel i7 5820l @ with Corsair H110 | 32GB DDR4 RAM @ 1600Mhz | XFX Radeon R9 290 @ 1.2Ghz | Corsair 600Q | Corsair TX650 | Probably too much corsair but meh should have had a Corsair SSD and RAM | 1.3TB HDD Space | Sennheiser HD598 | Beyerdynamic Custom One Pro | Blue Snowball

558's or 598's.

Ryzen 1600@3.8ghz / 16gb 2400mhzASRock B350 ITX / Gigabyte RX 470 4gb / 256gb M.2 / SG13B-Q / Corsair 450w

Sennheiser 598/558s?

CPU: i7 8700 GPU: Asus ROG Strix GTX 1080 Mobo: Gigabyte Z370 Gaming 5 Ram: 16GB EVGA SuperSC SSD: Samsung 850 EVO 250GB 
HDD: Seagate Barracuda 2TB PSU: TX650M Case: NZXT S340 Elite OS: Windows 10 Mouse: Logitech G403 Mouse Mat: HyperX Fury S Pro XL 
Keyboard: CM Masterkeys Pro S (reds) Headphones: Sennheiser HD598 Monitor: Asus 24' MG248QR Devices: IPhone 11 Pro Max + 13' Macbook Pro

HD558 OVER! the the 598, as they measure and sound the same. 
Might want to look into Shures offerings too. 

558's or 598's.

Sennheiser 598/558s?

HD558 OVER! the the 598, as they measure and sound the same. 

Might want to look into Shures offerings too. 

The difference between the 598s and the 558s is pretty much the reversible cable right?

Console optimisations and how they will effect you | The difference between AMD cores and Intel cores | Memory Bus size and how it effects your VRAM usage |
How much vram do you actually need? | APUs and the future of processing | Projects: SO - here

Intel i7 5820l @ with Corsair H110 | 32GB DDR4 RAM @ 1600Mhz | XFX Radeon R9 290 @ 1.2Ghz | Corsair 600Q | Corsair TX650 | Probably too much corsair but meh should have had a Corsair SSD and RAM | 1.3TB HDD Space | Sennheiser HD598 | Beyerdynamic Custom One Pro | Blue Snowball

The difference between the 598s and the 558s is pretty much the reversible cable right?

And color and price. The detachable cable is still single sided with a 2.5mm termination, making it easy to swap for a different cable. 

I have also heard that the 598's have better comfort, and a more refined sound than the 558's.

Ryzen 1600@3.8ghz / 16gb 2400mhzASRock B350 ITX / Gigabyte RX 470 4gb / 256gb M.2 / SG13B-Q / Corsair 450w

I have also heard that the 598's have better comfort, and a more refined sound than the 558's.

They are the same headphone with a palette swap. 

The pads are exactly the same, just different color.

Mystery is the source of all true science.

The pads are exactly the same, just different color.

They used leatherette on the headband too, because that effects sound hardcore. 

They used leatherette on the headband too, because that effects sound hardcore. 

Oh yeah I guess is a softer headband, but I wouldn't say is $50 more comfortable.

Oh yeah I guess is a softer headband, but I wouldn't say is $50 more comfortable.

If its more comfortable at all, changing the material on the outside won't change the material on the inside. 

If its more comfortable at all, changing the material on the outside won't change the material on the inside. 

They split the foam in little squares, instead of using one long strip, so it probably is less stiff as it has less material pushing against the head.

But yeah there is really not a comfort difference either.  It all boils down to how much you want to spend, and if you are willing to spend more for the extra swag. :lol:

They split the foam in little squares, instead of using one long strip, so it probably is less stiff as it has less material pushing against the head.

But yeah there is really not a comfort difference either.  It all boils down to how much you want to spend, and if you are willing to spend more for the extra swag. :lol:

rmbqt7M.gif

The 558 has a piece of foam inside which makes it sound "worse" than the 598 - remove it and you've got a grey-scale 598.