New build over time to hide the cost from the Wife.

beery

Its been a while since I've updated and last time i was severely budgeted as we had just moved, this time I am giving it a proper nudge.

This is what I am looking at, what I want to know is are there better options?

Case: Fractal Design Define R6 

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 3900X 

Mobo: Gigabyte X570 AORUS MASTER

GPU: Gigabyte GeForce RTX 2060 Super

RAM: Corsair Kingston HyperX Fury 32GB

Cooler: Deepcool ASSASSIN III

any help to get a better bang would help.

beery

What is your primary use case? If it is gaming I would get a 3700x or 3800x and get either a 2070 super or 2080 super

Gaming and work, so lots of office applications.

1 minute ago, beery said:

Gaming and work, so lots of office applications.

Hello,

What's your budget and country ?

Australia, and under $3000 if I can.

First, it's a bad idea to buy your components piecemeal. First, your earlier purchases will have less warranty left, or have the warranty expire, by the time you buy the last pieces you need. Other compnents you need may be discontinued by the time you try to buy them.

Second , you would be jeopardizing your marriage. It's never a good idea to keep secrets from your wife (other than something like a surprise present and even that can be dangerous). She is likely to find out anyway then your goose is cooked. It would be better to just tell her upfront that you plan on saving your pennies for a new computer. If she doesn't agree, your marriage is already on shaky grounds or you truly cannot afford a new computer right now.

Jeannie

As long as anyone is oppressed, no one will be safe and free.

One has to be proactive, not reactive, to ensure the safety of one's data so backup your data! And RAID is NOT a backup!

10 hours ago, Lady Fitzgerald said:

It's never a good idea to keep secrets from your wife

can confirm, as hard as you try to get away with it these creatures have a 6th sense.

36 minutes ago, nonsense42 said:

can confirm, as hard as you try to get away with it these creatures have a 6th sense.

Who are you calling creature? Choose your answer carefully; there are a lot of women here besides me.

Jeannie

One has to be proactive, not reactive, to ensure the safety of one's data so backup your data! And RAID is NOT a backup!

5 minutes ago, Lady Fitzgerald said:

Who are you calling creature? Choose your answer carefully; there are a lot of women here besides me.

If i were careful i wouldn't have offended you with that initial statement, and i'd have a much easier time with my gf.

i used the word creature to refer to women as a whole because as demonstrated, i hardly ever understand them.

only after feeling a sharp chill running down my spine from reading your reply did i realize that i wasn't highlighting my own stupidity as the joke but i might've used a degrading word. i apologize.

please no bully, English is my second language and i'm just trynna make friends

11 hours ago, Lady Fitzgerald said:

First, it's a bad idea to buy your components piecemeal. First, your earlier purchases will have less warranty left, or have the warranty expire, by the time you buy the last pieces you need. Other compnents you need may be discontinued by the time you try to buy them.

Second , you would be jeopardizing your marriage. It's never a good idea to keep secrets from your wife (other than something like a surprise present and even that can be dangerous). She is likely to find out anyway then your goose is cooked. It would be better to just tell her upfront that you plan on saving your pennies for a new computer. If she doesn't agree, your marriage is already on shaky grounds or you truly cannot afford a new computer right now.

Overtime works best for us, I am starting with GPU and Ram purely as I can upgrade my current machine with them and then put them in the new build in a few months time. If my  circumstances change I am in a better position than when I started, the mobo and CPU will be purchased together as I think that's the best option. A new case is cause who dosent like a new case but that's last on my list as is the cooler. 

I don't really "Hide" the cost, I tell her exactly how much each part costs, it's just a lot less shocking if I tell her 1 part at a time. 

1 hour ago, nonsense42 said:

If i were careful i wouldn't have offended you with that initial statement, and i'd have a much easier time with my gf.

i used the word creature to refer to women as a whole because as demonstrated, i hardly ever understand them.

only after feeling a sharp chill running down my spine from reading your reply did i realize that i wasn't highlighting my own stupidity as the joke but i might've used a degrading word. i apologize.

please no bully, English is my second language and i'm just trynna make friends

Answer well chosen.

Jeannie

3000 dollours for happy machine, your wife gonna be mad nice

23 minutes ago, Lady Fitzgerald said:

Answer well chosen.

does this mean that we can be friends? :D

Hahahaha wtf is this xD 

Asus PRIME Z390-A | Intel Core i7 9700K | Corsair Vengeance 32GB DDR4 2400 | MSI GeForce RTX 2080 SUPER VENTUS XS OC | 256 M.2 SSD | 2TB SSHD WD

9 hours ago, nonsense42 said:

does this mean that we can be friends? :D

Of course! I was messing with you more than anyting.

Jeannie