GTA Online Alt Tab Issues

AntonChigurh

So ever since I bought GTA V back in september 2019, I've had a very specific issue with it that I've never heard anyone else having. Whenever I alt tab out of the game, open up Discord overlay, or otherwise do something that makes GTA V not the active window, the game breaks. When I tab back into the game I can no longer do anything. The window isn't unresponsive, but what happens is my character just stands there and the game does not register any of my inputs. I can't even pause or Alt+F4. This issue has been the bane of my existence for months and I'd love some wizard out there to please help me fix this.

"There is a fine line between not listening, and not caring. I'd like to think I walk that line every day of my life."

Spoiler

Desktop:

Spoiler

CPU: Ryzen 5 2600X w/stock cooler, Motherboard: MSI X370 GAMING PLUS, RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 24gb DDR4-2600, GPU: EVGA RTX 2070 SUPER XC, Case: NZXT S340, PSU: Corsair RMx 750w, Keyboard: Corsair K50, Mouse: Corsair Ironclaw

Laptop:

Spoiler

Lenovo IdeaPad S540

2 minutes ago, emosun said:

does it work if you set it to window mode

yes its on windowed borderless

"There is a fine line between not listening, and not caring. I'd like to think I walk that line every day of my life."

Spoiler

Desktop:

Spoiler

CPU: Ryzen 5 2600X w/stock cooler, Motherboard: MSI X370 GAMING PLUS, RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 24gb DDR4-2600, GPU: EVGA RTX 2070 SUPER XC, Case: NZXT S340, PSU: Corsair RMx 750w, Keyboard: Corsair K50, Mouse: Corsair Ironclaw

Laptop:

Spoiler

Lenovo IdeaPad S540

8 minutes ago, AntonChigurh said:

yes its on windowed borderless

does it work if it's fullscreen but either set to a lower resolution than your desktop , or the same resolution?

• 4 months later...

disable pause game on focus loss