Do I need to add/re-apply thermal paste?

So I was installing my new CPU and had some trouble with my motherboard backplate, had to hold it with one hand then the CPU heatsink with the other hand.

Eventually I had to lift the heatsink off and break the thermal paste seal, the thermal paste was split in half (half on CPU and the other on the heatsink - as in one side of the heatsink didnt have thermalpaste)

I really don't remember if the opposite sides lined up, I just wanted to finally install it and use my PC 

Anyways, temperatures:

BIOS 35C

Windows 50-59 and now in 60 - 65C 34 - 36C

Ryzen 7 2700

Edit: I FORGOT TO PLUG IN THE CPU FAN LMFAO

I'd strongly recommend re-applying the paste (after cleaning the old residue off, of course). You might introduce air bubbles (air in an insulator, has lower thermal conductivity) in the old layer if you just squished the two surfaces together.

正直に生きる、一度きりの人生だから

Keeb Weeb LinksCustom Mechanical Keyboards | #KeebWeebClub

'Chew Builds: Hoshī (PC) | Okashī (PC) | K-4398 (Keeb) | Eighty #391 (Keeb) | R2-968 (Keeb) | MGK64 (Keeb)

22 minutes ago, Syaoran said:

Edit: I FORGOT TO PLUG IN THE CPU FAN LMFAO

rofl. Yea, that could help!! 

10 minutes ago, Eschew said:

I'd strongly recommend re-applying the paste (after cleaning the old residue off, of course). You might introduce air bubbles (air in an insulator, has lower thermal conductivity) in the old layer if you just squished the two surfaces together.

Yeah I've read about possible air bubbles, but CPU temps went back down to 34 - 36 because I forgot to plug in the CPU fan LMAO