Wireless Vs Wired Headphones/sets

Plebba

Whats good recently my headset has broke due to just being old and constant use. I havent brought a new headset for my pc in a long time and i see alot more wirelss ones than when i first brought my current headset, and i was wondering if there is really any difference anymore in wired v wireless.

Wireless ones are quite useful in my experience. Sometimes I have to get up and do something that's a bit further than my hand can reach.

Times like I have to open the door or go take a quick break makes the Wireless ones useful.

The sound quality depends on what headsets you use but most of today's wireless headsets are pretty good.

14 minutes ago, ZWELINHTET said:

Wireless ones are quite useful in my experience. Sometimes I have to get up and do something that's a bit further than my hand can reach.

Times like I have to open the door or go take a quick break makes the Wireless ones useful.

The sound quality depends on what headsets you use but most of today's wireless headsets are pretty good.

Yeah i didnt evne factor in being able to move freely and my chair eating the wire all the time tbf thats enough to make me go wirelss.

I've tried a few headsets over the years, both wired and wireless, so I thought I might chip in. Here's a general guide:

1. Wireless headsets don't have any wires, so it can be so nice to move around more freely. Having your wire not yanking your head back because it's tugged on something is so nice.
  2. Wireless headsets fall into two groups. One is just standard Bluetooth, the other is a dedicated adapter. Traditionally the Bluetooth variant can be more useful as you can get it to work on more devices like TVs, tablets, and phones, all without wires. The downside of Bluetooth is that latency can be a big issue, so it's not advisable for video games, or film/TV shows. Some do market an AptX Low Latency (AptXLL) feature, which helps, but can still be noticeable. I've had fantastic sounding wireless headsets that have been useless for movies and games because of this. The dedicated adapter variants are the exact opposite of the BT kind, but they do require some kind of port, and proper support from the manufacturer.
  3. Some wireless headsets use proprietary connectors. So when there is a fault you'll end up jumping through a couple of hoops with the manufacturer, just to get a replacement, which could cost extra + shipping.
  4. Wired headsets of course don't have major latency issues, and more often than not have better sound quality at the same price points. The biggest downside is that they can be cumbersome with wires.