whats the best Quiet 200mm fan?

elie776

i'm looking for a 200mm case fan that is somewhat quiet and great, the case i'm using is the Corsair 650d and the front fan is just to loud for me. I undervolted the fan to 5v still to loud for me (any brand i don't care which one) 

Bitfenix Spectre (non pro)

But 200mm is a pretty bad standard, if you have the mounting holes for a 180mm Silverstone Air Penetrator or 2x 120mm quality fans, go for that instead as it'll push more air. The reason is that the length of the blades on 200mm fans and above make them wobble a significant amount and thus lose both air pressure and flow.

180mm technically has the same problem, but not so much, and also the Silverstone Air Penetrator is stiffer and structurally stronger so it has good results in both categories.

In case the moderators do not ban me as requested, this is a notice that I have left and am not coming back.

Bitfenix Spectre (non pro)

But 200mm is a pretty bad standard, if you have the mounting holes for a 180mm Silverstone Air Penetrator or 2x 120mm quality fans, go for that instead as it'll push more air. The reason is that the length of the blades on 200mm fans and above make them wobble a significant amount and thus lose both air pressure and flow.

180mm technically has the same problem, but not so much, and also the Silverstone Air Penetrator is stiffer and structurally stronger so it has good results in both categories.

I myself have inbuilt bitfenix spectre 230mm. They are quite much louder than normal 120 or 140 millimeter fans, so i`d reccoment your solution aswell. Dont know much about 180s though

My Rig: AMD Ryzen 5800x3D | Scythe Fuma 2 | RX6600XT Red Devil | B550M Steel Legend | Fury Renegade 32GB 3600MTs | 980 Pro Gen4 - RAID0 - Kingston A400 480GB x2 RAID1 - Seagate Barracuda 1TB x2 | Fractal Design Integra M 650W | InWin 103 | Mic. - SM57 | Headphones - Sony MDR-1A | Keyboard - Roccat Vulcan 100 AIMO | Mouse - Steelseries Rival 310 | Monitor - Dell S3422DWG

200mm fans are good for airflow as they do move a lot of air. Static pressure doesn't really matter for a case fan so i can safely recommend the Bitfenix Spectro Pros, i personally own one and it is very quiet.

Here:http://specialtech.co.uk/spshop/customer/180mm-Fans-and-Above-cid-1902.html

There is a whole list to choose from: I heard the CM Megaflows are pretty good.

The Coolermaster MegaFlow 200mm is a good choice.

One of the worst fans I've had, avoid. Rattles and much noisier than the regular spectres.

In case the moderators do not ban me as requested, this is a notice that I have left and am not coming back.

One of the worst fans I've had, avoid. Rattles and much noisier than the regular spectres.

Oh never realized that this fan had problems but could it be a bad batch?

Hello and Welcome to LTT Forum!

If you are a new member, please read the rules located in "Forum News and Info". Thanks!  :)

Linus Tech Tips Forum Code of Conduct           FAQ           Privacy Policy & Legal Disclaimer

Oh never realized that this fan had problems but could it be a bad batch?

If that CM 200mm is the fan that comes with HAF XM case, then I hate this fan...

I am trying very hard to find a good quiet fan to replace this one.

I'd suggest the Silverstone AP181 if you can fit it. It's an awesome fan and bloody noisy when at full throttle but can still push enough air when silent.

It's my quietest fan in my case I don't know why Silverstone went for an odd size though.