SPD Clock on Memory

Would I be right to say that the SPD chip clock on RAM be the out of the box speed the motherboard should clock it too?  I am not to familiar with this and went with a kit thinking this would mean I would not have to worry about tinkering with the timings in the bios.  For reference I picked up this kit: https://www.kingston.com/dataSheets/HX432C18FRK2_32.pdf

Would anyone suggest a different factor to look at or does this not matter much.  My overall thought on this was i found this in the QVL for my motherboard and it had the highest SPD clock that was reasonable in a 16x2 Kit.
Unsure if I really have no idea what I am talking about or if it was a good choice?

CPU: Ryzen 9 3900x

MotherBoard: MSI MPG X570 Gaming Edge Wifi

23 minutes ago, LordSherman said:

Would I be right to say that the SPD chip clock on RAM be the out of the box speed the motherboard should clock it too?  I am not to familiar with this and went with a kit thinking this would mean I would not have to worry about tinkering with the timings in the bios.  For reference I picked up this kit: https://www.kingston.com/dataSheets/HX432C18FRK2_32.pdf

Would anyone suggest a different factor to look at or does this not matter much.  My overall thought on this was i found this in the QVL for my motherboard and it had the highest SPD clock that was reasonable in a 16x2 Kit.
Unsure if I really have no idea what I am talking about or if it was a good choice?

CPU: Ryzen 9 3900x

MotherBoard: MSI MPG X570 Gaming Edge Wifi

Every RAM will clock at its JEDEC speed by default which is usually 2133mhz and everything above JEDEC is considered an overclock, the SPD chip holds the profile of the overclocked/advertised speed and you can simply enable that profile in BIOS if you look for DOCP or XMP.

Though to note there are higher JEDEC speeds than 2133mhz but most of them are either 2133mhz or 2400mhz.

Quote or Tag people so they know that you've replied.

1 minute ago, _Syn_ said:

Every RAM will clock at its JEDEC speed by default which is usually 2133mhz and everything above JEDEC is considered an overclock and the SPD chip holds the profile of the overclocked/advertised speed, you can simply enable that in BIOS if you look for DOCP or XMP.

Though to note there are higher JEDEC speeds than 2133mhz but most of them are either 2133mhz or 2400mhz.

Awesome thank you so in my case it will clock 3200 out of the box! I hope :)

1 minute ago, LordSherman said:

Awesome thank you so in my case it will clock 3200 out of the box! I hope :)

It will not clock at 3200 out of the box unless you enable that profile I mentioned.

It will not clock at 3200 out of the box unless you enable the profile I mentioned.

I am not sure if I am missing something then as this memory's JEDEC is DDR4-3200 CL18-21-21 @1.2V  As well as the first XMP profile is identical and the second is underclocked to the 2133

Just now, LordSherman said:

I am not sure if I am missing something then as this memory's JEDEC is DDR4-3200 CL18-21-21 @1.2V

Oh I'm sorry I missed that :D then yeah it will out of the box

Oh I'm sorry I missed that :D then yeah it will out of the box

Awesome!  Thank you for the information I think I do understand it a bit more now haha!

2 minutes ago, LordSherman said:

I am not sure if I am missing something then as this memory's JEDEC is DDR4-3200 CL18-21-21 @1.2V

Timings are extremely loose for a 3200Mhz kit, why are you going that route? you'd be losing a lot of performance because Ryzen benefits heavily from tight RAM

2 minutes ago, _Syn_ said:

Timings are extremely loose for a 3200Mhz kit, why are you going that route? you'd be losing a lot of performance because Ryzen benefits heavily from tight RAM

Basically its availability for quick purchase, want to get this built before next week for spring break!  I was also looking for something with an out of the box clock speed that I do not have to tinker with.  Also it was on the QVL for the motherboard which I though would be a good choice.  Any suggestions?  I think I am fine with it now.  I am not really sure on the major benefits of a higher clock.

9 minutes ago, LordSherman said:

Basically its availability for quick purchase, want to get this built before next week for spring break!  I was also looking for something with an out of the box clock speed that I do not have to tinker with.  Also it was on the QVL for the motherboard which I though would be a good choice.  Any suggestions?  I think I am fine with it now.  I am not really sure on the major benefits of a higher clock.

There's no way that other 3200Mhz kits aren't available, they're the most common and they don't even have to be on the QVL list for them to work, 3rd Gen Ryzen has improved RAM compatibility a ton and it should easily handle every 3200Mhz kit out there.

You might benefit slightly from higher clocks but I'm mostly talking about the Timings (18-21-21), if you wanted optimal performance you should've gone with 3200Mhz CL15/14 or 3600Mhz CL16/17

14 minutes ago, _Syn_ said:

There's no way that other 3200Mhz kits aren't available, they're the most common and they don't even have to be on the QVL list for them to work, 3rd Gen Ryzen has improved RAM compatibility a ton and it should easily handle every 3200Mhz kit out there.

You might benefit slightly from higher clocks but I'm mostly talking about the Timings (18-21-21), if you wanted optimal performance you should've gone with 3200Mhz CL15/14 or 3600Mhz CL16/17

Thank you for the information.  I am not well versed in this department.  Ill see how my kit works for me I assume it will be fine but I understand not the best it can be!