Audio Technica ATH-M50

iceballfunela

I have no problem with you calling me out, I could prefer a civil discussion over my heavily opinionated view that took months to formulate after tossing the M50 against more expensive, less expensive and similarly priced products, different classes of products, different usage models, and my personal tastes and objective testing.

If you are down for a chat, I am too, but I won't list all of the "testing" I did unless you are.

As I said I'm not questioning you're knowledge, I haven't got the same knowledge in the audio world as you do. I'm more into science and engineering, particularly aerospace as my profile picture shows a EuroFighter Typhoon, one of my favourite planes.

No I'm merely stating that the m50s while in your opinion may be not be the greatest in terms of audio quality to others may be different.

I'm going to be honest, I'm not a hardcore audiophile, I don't own vinlys and my music isn't all FLACs. I do own an E10 and m50, as after reading many reviews they were positive. I did about a months research on them and nearly everyone was positive. Multiple sources as well.

I'm not going to try and disprove your claims as I don't have the time or money to do that comparison nor would it be beneficial.

You've got to see at least where I'm coming from? To say they suck is just unfair. But to say that there are other options is fine.

Please I don't want to start an argument I just wanted to make a point and I clearly stated I'm not questioning anyone's judgement. Nor did I plan to single you out since there are many others to. I hope you understand.

Snip

Well I can't deny you of your opinion or happiness with your product(s). How ever, your experience will not change the facts that for $150, there are better options available. Wither it be for professional or nonprofessional usage cases, the M50's represent a bad value for their current price.

With that said, I'm not going to say that your purchase sucks, and as an audiophile who wants people to experience sound in the best way they can afford, if you are happy, then I can not complain. 

WITH THAT SAID! :D Vinyl is most of the time worse then digital, and FLAC is pointless.

Well I can't deny you of your opinion or happiness with your product(s). How ever, your experience will not change the facts that for $150, there are better options available. Wither it be for professional or nonprofessional usage cases, the M50's represent a bad value for their current price.

With that said, I'm not going to say that your purchase sucks, and as an audiophile who wants people to experience sound in the best way they can afford, if you are happy, then I can not complain.

WITH THAT SAID! :D Vinyl is most of the time worse then digital, and FLAC is pointless.

Cheers mate, I appreciate the acknowledgement. Also if I do a rough calculation $150 is around £90 and really there isn't much for that price. But that's another story to do with regional pricing... I don't want to go into that

As with the vinyl and flac thing I understand I'm just saying that I'm far from an audiophile just someone who enjoys nice quality music, that's all.

Thanks

Also if I do a rough calculation $150 is around £90 and really there isn't much for that price. 

When you jump across the pond to euroland, it's best not to convert currencies. A 100 dollar headphone is likely to cost 100 pounds, 100 euros, a 100 francs, etc.... That's just the way the cookie crumbles.

When you jump across the pond to euroland, it's best not to convert currencies. A 100 dollar headphone is likely to cost 100 pounds, 100 euros, a 100 francs, etc.... That's just the way the cookie crumbles.

Euro is not so bad. Its when the dollar is converted. I saw a camera for $2000 and here it costs £2100. That's like nearly twice as much. But thats for another day. Generally tech prices are pretty messed up. Oh well.

Cheers mate, I appreciate the acknowledgement. Also if I do a rough calculation $150 is around £90 and really there isn't much for that price. But that's another story to do with regional pricing... I don't want to go into that

As with the vinyl and flac thing I understand I'm just saying that I'm far from an audiophile just someone who enjoys nice quality music, that's all.

Thanks

Quick Amazon uk look up states M50 goes for 106 quid. 

For that you can get SRH440's (70ish) with SRH840 pads (Unknown) 

Or HD380 Pro  (95ish)

Since I've already bought and paid or your products, I'm not going to demand that you send them back and get something "better"

If you got something that you see yourself being happy with, and it does what you want, then you're fine. 

Have a car. 

1517617_576502639104957_1901875813_n.jpg