DISCLAIMER: I KNOW NEXT TO NOTHING ABOUT THIS SUBJECT! HELP ME

PC SPECS:

intel i7 6700K

nvidia gtx 1080

msi motherboard

16 gb ram

1tb samsung 850 evo sata ssd

HEADPHONES: MASSDROP X SENNHEISER PC37X GAMING HEADSET

So here is the dilemma.  I want to upgrade my PC because I just got my taxes back and I want to see what the world of audio has to offer. 

I spend my time listening to music and gaming at my computer.  I'm looking at Schiit audio Dacs and Amps and really scratching my head.  I'm willing to spend roughly $550 on a Dac/Amp but am not sure how much i should spend with the headset I have.   I plan on keeping this headset so how expensive do I get before my headset bottlenecks?  It's under my impression that anything is better than on board audio therefore any dac/amp would be an upgrade.  But at the same time I don't want to cheap out and feel like I should have spent the extra cash.

Thanks for any input.  I'll be doing lot of research in the meantime and don't mind reading what you have to say.

44 minutes ago, TrigrH said:

Fulla 3 would be a great combo with what you have. I would save the rest of the cash for future PC upgrades.

So do you mean the Fulla 3 will be able to capture the full potential of my current headset?  Or the best bang for the buck kind of deal?