Gigabyte 2070S 3x OC Fan Problems

ElementOfDaze

Hello everyone,

I recently purchased a custom built PC from Canada Computers and got it up and running today. Everything seemed fine and no issues hardware wise. However, I am having an issue with the Gigabyte graphics card which I spec'd for the built because of a fan issue where under light to medium load the fans will go from essentially idle RPM immediately to an incredibly high (~100%) RPM somewhere in the 50-60C range. I have read up everywhere I can about this issue and I can only conclude that it is a firmware problem that is fixed with a newer BIOS version (perhaps?). I can supply any supplemental info needed if it helps diagnose the problem with the card.

However, seeing as I bought the card with a direct replacement plan and its still within store and manufacturer warranty, should I send the card back to CC to have them try to update the card and solve the issue or get a refund and buy the MSI 2070S (30$ more) or the ASUS RTX 2070S EVO OC (50$) and just pay the difference?

Much appreciated thanks for any help you may be able to offer. FWIW I have heard the 'clicking sound' from the weird fan issue too, just once, and I shut the computer down immediately because I was unsure of the cause initally. For the moment it is running fine but as soon as I boot a game up the fans go ape.

I ran the Arma 3 YAAB benchmark on basically default ultra and my average FPS was ~52 and 1% low was ~37 and max was ~80 if my memory serves me correctly. Interesting enough I had no fan ramp up whilst running the Benchmark, temps stays around 46-49C. It was after it was completed where the temps suddenly rose sharply to ~60C and the fans put on their afterburners. Framerate in the menu was ~280fps.