Edgerouter speed issues

Hi,

So I have been lately experiencing speed issues with my Edge Router 4 which I have owned since November. I am subscribed to receive 400/25 internet speeds unfortunately when I am connected to the router on my local Lan I get 250/10 but when I connect to my Modem I get the full speed. I had recently reset the router and it had been working just fine up until this week if there is something I am missing. I was running the Smart QOS set for my ISPs promised speeds but I turned it off when this issues happened to squeeze every last drop of speed from the router... I am currently getting ~144/25 and I have changed the router from LAN 1 to LAN 2 because I also if it was an issue with the LAN port going bad so far I have only seen minor improvements. The issue has also gotten so bad that some sites will refuse to load ANY help will be appreciated... I also posted this same post on Unifis page https://community.ui.com/questions/EdgeRouter-Speed-Issue/8b3eafcf-07da-40f5-a134-0e4bd8947fe2 I am just trying to maximize the amount of people trying to help. 

Thanks

There’s two ends to the connection.  Might need to check each point in the LAN. It can only go as fast as the slowest point.

Not a pro, not even very good.  I’m just old and have time currently.  Assuming I know a lot about computers can be a mistake.

Life is like a bowl of chocolates: there are all these little crinkly paper cups everywhere.

1 minute ago, Bombastinator said:

There’s two ends to the connection.  Might need to check each point in the LAN. It can only go as fast as the slowest point.

So what exactly am I looking for in the routers software?

Just now, ShelterMan said:

So what exactly am I looking for in the routers software?

I’m saying it might not be the router.  It could be the router, it could be the PC, if it’s WiFi it could be furniture or walls between the two.  LANs get complicated quick.

If it is the router I don’t have a lot of information I’m afraid.  Generally one telnets into them using the ip address of the device.

Not a pro, not even very good.  I’m just old and have time currently.  Assuming I know a lot about computers can be a mistake.

Life is like a bowl of chocolates: there are all these little crinkly paper cups everywhere.

2 minutes ago, Bombastinator said:

I’m saying it might not be the router.  It could be the router, it could be the PC, if it’s WiFi it could be furniture or walls between the two.  LANs get complicated quick.

If it is the router I don’t have a lot of information I’m afraid.  Generally one telnets into them using the ip address of the device.

I have narrowed it down to be the router because all of the LAN cabling is CAT 6 and brand new... I originally set this system up in November and if it was an issue with the cables I would have probably seen it then... I have also connecting my PC directly into the LAN and saw the same results so it could not be my switch deciding to die after 6 months. I also plugged into the modem and got my full 400/25 but the second the router gets thrown into the mix the network for every device not just me is slowed down beyond 400/25 (even with the QOS on it should be 340/22) but its way slower than that and around 150-200.

Bro your offloading is disabled, which relies on the cpu for everything.  The ERL is kind of weak in that department, but you should see better performance when enabling offload to the asic 

PC : 3600 · Crosshair VI WiFi · 2x16GB RGB 3200 · 1080Ti SC2 · 1TB WD SN750 · EVGA 1600G2 · Define C