Server VM's

Hi,

So I wanted to purchase a server in the coming months I have the server I want to use picked out on Amazon (https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01GW5S3I2/?coliid=I38LOGLLMO456A&colid=3KFS3XEB9NL8U&psc=1&ref_=lv_ov_lig_dp_it)

Its a used dell server that has been refurbished. I just want to know if this would be possible but... I want to have the server windows 10 then there be multiple VM's. I want to setup one VM for storage, one-three VMs for Minecraft servers, and possibly plex. What software would you guys recommend running for the Storage VM and even the Minecraft servers. I also want the server to run headless so how would I go about being able to remote into it from another computer or even outside the network (I have looked at parsec because its good for that). I know that these sound really simple or may not even be compatible with what I am talking about but everything that you guys post I will take as a suggestion because I probably wont have the server for another few months I just want to know what to do when I get it so that I am not staring at a box of glory. 

Thanks,

ShelterMan

that is a bad price for a r710, get a r720 from ebay for that price.

Why windows 10 as a server, if you want hyper-v run the hyper-v server or server 2019

or run anouther hypervisor like porxmox. With proxmox you also get a good webgui.

Id get something like this guy and upgrade as needed, wiht more ram and ssds.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Dell-PowerEdge-R720-16-Bay-Server-2x-E5-2630-12-Cores-16GB-RAM-H710/173632049760?hash=item286d46d260:g:1BcAAOSwGJldnkOl

2 hours ago, Electronics Wizardy said:

that is a bad price for a r710, get a r720 from ebay for that price.

Why windows 10 as a server, if you want hyper-v run the hyper-v server or server 2019

or run anouther hypervisor like porxmox. With proxmox you also get a good webgui.

Id get something like this guy and upgrade as needed, wiht more ram and ssds.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Dell-PowerEdge-R720-16-Bay-Server-2x-E5-2630-12-Cores-16GB-RAM-H710/173632049760?hash=item286d46d260:g:1BcAAOSwGJldnkOl

Would I be able to run Minecraft servers with hyper-v?

31 minutes ago, ShelterMan said:

Would I be able to run Minecraft servers with hyper-v?

yea, but why use windows if your making minecraft servers. Id go proxmox + linux containers for that.

56 minutes ago, Electronics Wizardy said:

yea, but why use windows if your making minecraft servers. Id go proxmox + linux containers for that.

When I get the server I will experiment with proxmox, I really just need this server to do 2 things, run minecraft servers and be a NAS. So this is going to sound dumb but proxmox would be the OS for the entire server and then ontop of that I can load VM's to do other tasks am I correct in a sense?

3 hours ago, ShelterMan said:

When I get the server I will experiment with proxmox, I really just need this server to do 2 things, run minecraft servers and be a NAS. So this is going to sound dumb but proxmox would be the OS for the entire server and then ontop of that I can load VM's to do other tasks am I correct in a sense?

Proxmox is the os on the hardware, then you run vms on that for things like minecraft and to do other tasks.