[build complete] Arctic Killer / 2060 Super 9600KF NVME

AT0MAC

9hAqyC.jpg

I build this around December 2019, around same time as Frozen II was released in cinemas here where I'm from ~ so I had some fun with it and some of my daughters toys XD

I build it for a friend who have for long been needing a much better system, so he gave me a budget and let me loose - this is what he ended up with.

It's a pretty damn solid build, and I was actually quite surprised how speedy and silent the whole thing turned out, specially the CPU cooler is freaking awesome! …most likely not the last time I will use this cooler again in other builds

PCPartPicker Part List: https://pcpartpicker.com/list/DL94Pn

CPU: Intel Core i5-9600KF 3.7 GHz
CPU Cooler: ARCTIC Liquid Freezer II 120
Motherboard: ASRock B365M Pro4 Micro ATX
Memory: Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro 16 GB (2 x 8 GB) DDR4-2666
Storage: Intel 660p 2 TB M.2-2280 NVME
Video Card: MSI GeForce RTX 2060 SUPER 8 GB GAMING X
Case: Phanteks ECLIPSE P350X ATX Mid Tower
Power Supply: EVGA SuperNOVA G1+ 650 W 80+ Gold
Operating System: Microsoft Windows 10 Pro 64-bit
Wireless Network Adapter: Asus PCE-AC56 PCIe x1 802.11a/b/g/n/ac
Case Fan: 4x ARCTIC F12 PWM PST 53 CFM 120 mm

...I'm not very active in the tech world at the moment as I'm having too much fun being somewhat of a small time content creator, specially for Sea of Thieves, that takes a lot of work and time - but I still tinker with tech from time to time, i'm not hard to find in case your interested in what I do, I'm at0mac - I'm pretty much everywhere on the Internet ;)

QU6qbO.jpg

My Gaming PC: 27833

There was a few requirements, one of them being budget.
But also noise, or the lack there off, look and had to have Wi-Fi ~ so that kinda looks like this:

P9TWS3.jpg

He have NO interest in overclocking, but still want a smooth experience, and in my opinion Intel might cost a little more than AMD, but gives in general a smoother ride with strange things happening.
Went with a 9600KF:

SA01wo.jpg

We where discussing storage a lot, because he wanted speedy access to data, but at a low cost.
That combined with the look requirement lead me to go for NVME, so there's no cables for the first 2TB of data:

ftkFGD.jpg

Taken both looks, price and quiet into consideration, I went for this new cooler from Arctic - because he don't want to OC then there is no need for anything above a solid 120 option and this thing, damn it performs and looks GREAT

nqg9yA.jpg

The case itself is also a bit of a surprise, it actually don't cost that much, but is really nicely build and looks pretty great - right out of the box it looks a little bit boring inside.....

Yww7ce.jpg

Just look at it, it looks pretty great, but little boring ~ at the same time.....

4dFHIJ.jpg

Oh yeah, by the way, there was room in the budget for RGB RAM - we all know that squeezes the last few FPS out of any gaming rig ;)

BqcHZ0.jpg

I was thinking about what to do for a few days, just postponing the whole build.
Was supposed to be done before Christmas, but that did not happen due to the fact I don't want to deliver a boring PC

Browsed the local hardware store, as in power tools, paint, nails and that kinda hardware - found a rippled piece of plastic, that I then sanded down on the back to make it more matt and attached it with double sided sticky tape:

gCOlSN.jpg

Now that's much better..... Let's see this with some light on

At the time I build this, I posted this picture on my Twitter - and ended up having Arctic Cooling retweet it XD

sHXJSI.jpg

My daughter is a huge Elsa and Anna fan, so we have a bunch of those toys at home, was too tempting not having a little phot fun with it....
Oh yea, also borrowed some of her nail polish to make my mark on the case, my "at0m"

s5o9hb.jpg

Well, I think I forgot it in the parts list, but there is like 3 Phanteks LED strips in here too, for the light effect. It is RGB, but I kept all lights cool blue/bright white - not sure that the owner did after he got it

cy8fir.jpg

So, here it is, a very simple little mod, mainly just carefully selected parts (especially I'm a sucker for white fans)
ARCTIC KILLER:

n5H9hZ.jpg

Get inspired, do your own thing, build an awesome PC and have fun.

I am already working on the next thing so I see you again soon.

So where does the fresh air go inside your case? Since all fans are exhaust.

Interim 15 T200 OKF("F" intel processors are specifically archituctured for gaming) maybe upgrad to 13'900 | Peeralight cpu fan | Stryx Z690-A Wife(which is branded by ASUS and it's ROG label) | Thermotake 16x 8x2GO SODINM 2400mjz cl22 (2 of them with the mood lighting) | 980 EVO 1TB m.2 ssd card + Kensington 2TB SATA nvme + WD BLACK PRO ULTRA MAX 4TB GAMING DESTROYER HHD | Echa etc 3060 duel fan dissipator 12 GBi and Azrock with the radian 550 XT Tiachi | NEXT H510 Vit Klar Svart | Seasonice 600watts voeding(rated for 100.000 hours, running since 2010, ballpark estimate 8 hours a day which should make it good for 34 years) | Nocturna case fans | 0LED Duel moniter

New build in progress: Ryen™ 8 7700x3D with a copper pipe fan | Z60e-A | Kingstron RENEGATE 16x2 Go hyenix | Phantek 2 the thar mesh in front | lead lex black label psu + AsiaHorse białe/białe | 1080 Pro 8TB 15800MB/S NvMe(for gaming this increase fps and charging time, cooled by a M.2 slot with coolblock and additional thermopad) and faster 4000GB HHD | MAI GeForce GTX 2070 Ti and RTX 6800 | Corshair psu

2 minutes ago, Ralf said:

So where does the fresh air go inside your case? Since all fans are exhaust.

It honestly don't matter much as long as the cooling itself can handle temps no matter. Air will always find a way in, like there where the slots are in the PCI covers, or the space both in front and top not covered of fans, it's not like this a sealed box so it really don't matter

Just now, AT0MAC said:

It honestly don't matter much as long as the cooling itself can handle temps no matter. Air will always find a way in, like there where the slots are in the PCI covers, or the space both in front and top not covered of fans, it's not like this a sealed box so it really don't matter

What about dust?

Interim 15 T200 OKF("F" intel processors are specifically archituctured for gaming) maybe upgrad to 13'900 | Peeralight cpu fan | Stryx Z690-A Wife(which is branded by ASUS and it's ROG label) | Thermotake 16x 8x2GO SODINM 2400mjz cl22 (2 of them with the mood lighting) | 980 EVO 1TB m.2 ssd card + Kensington 2TB SATA nvme + WD BLACK PRO ULTRA MAX 4TB GAMING DESTROYER HHD | Echa etc 3060 duel fan dissipator 12 GBi and Azrock with the radian 550 XT Tiachi | NEXT H510 Vit Klar Svart | Seasonice 600watts voeding(rated for 100.000 hours, running since 2010, ballpark estimate 8 hours a day which should make it good for 34 years) | Nocturna case fans | 0LED Duel moniter

New build in progress: Ryen™ 8 7700x3D with a copper pipe fan | Z60e-A | Kingstron RENEGATE 16x2 Go hyenix | Phantek 2 the thar mesh in front | lead lex black label psu + AsiaHorse białe/białe | 1080 Pro 8TB 15800MB/S NvMe(for gaming this increase fps and charging time, cooled by a M.2 slot with coolblock and additional thermopad) and faster 4000GB HHD | MAI GeForce GTX 2070 Ti and RTX 6800 | Corshair psu

Just now, Ralf said:

What about dust?

there will always be a little bit of dust, it's close to impossible to avoid, and I rather build an all round good looking / good performing box, than one that's so ugly but clinically clean just for practical reasons, pretty sure that's the compromise most gamers take.

as long as you just clean your home like a normal person, dust is not that major of an issue, you can't really avoid it so I don't like to make things complicated for no real reason 

Personally I have computers installed in unusual places, like in the top of a very tall cabinet with access to clean outside air, and another inside a cabinet next to my TV , or what about the one hanging upside down with magnets under a iron shelf - that's odd ways to avoid most dust, and normal people don't realty do that, they build a box and leave it at that