New Corsair Build with 280x Case

MksDvl

Hey guys fellow Canadian here (Québec), I'm selling my current build to someone at work and I want to build a new one around the Corsair 280x RGB case. I think I will go for a Ryzen 2700x CPU but I was wondering what would be a good motherboard with 2 M.2 slots on it for this build. I'm don't know much about motherboards and plan to spend around 150$ for it and I'm willing to wait for it to be in sale. Is the B450 a good chipset? Or should I get some more dough and go with a X570?

Edit 1 : I don't plan on overclocking it and will use it mostly for Diablo 4 when it comes out, Overwatch and Wolcen for the moment. I will also try and learn some Unreal Engine stuff and some video editing and audio editing for a podcast I want to do.

Thanks!

what's the purpose of the pc? the r5 3600 is better in most cases than the 2700x, while being the same price.

msi b450 boards are very good, I'd recommend the a-pro max, gaming plus max or tomahawk max. they come with the right bios for the 3000 ryzen series, so there's no need to invest in x570.

Yeah I forgot to tell the purpose is gaming (mostly Diablo 4 when it will come out, Overwatch and Wolcen) and I will try and learn some Unreal Engine stuff on top of it on my off time, I don't plan on overclocking it. It's not really my thing.

3 minutes ago, MksDvl said:

Yeah I forgot to tell the purpose is gaming (mostly Diablo 4 when it will come out, Overwatch and Wolcen) and I will try and learn some Unreal Engine stuff on top of it on my off time, I don't plan on overclocking it. It's not really my thing.

definitely go for ryzen 5 3600 then. what gpu are you using?

also, quote people when replying

1 minute ago, boggy77 said:

definitely go for ryzen 5 3600 then. what gpu are you using?

also, quote people when replying

Sorry about that. I was thinking a 2060 Super or RX5700

Just now, boggy77 said:

I already have the Storage from my old PC and not thinking about adding some now. The case is going to be the Corsair 280x. I have the luxury now to make the build I want without cutting corners on stuff like that. But thanks for the list and the help with the motherboard. I already bought the Ram this morning on NewEgg went for the Corsair DDR4 3600 RGB Pro 16 gb for 129$ down from 149$.

6 hours ago, boggy77 said:

I have another question if you can answer, will I be able to update the bios of this motherboard without having a 2nd gen CPU for this board? 

1 hour ago, MksDvl said:

I have another question if you can answer, will I be able to update the bios of this motherboard without having a 2nd gen CPU for this board? 

The MAX series from msi ship with the correct bios for 3000 series.

1 hour ago, boggy77 said:

The MAX series from msi ship with the correct bios for 3000 series.

Do you know if I should get a CPU cooler? I've read online the stock cooler for the Ryzen series is pretty good. If I should get one, I would probably get another Noctua, love those.

8 hours ago, MksDvl said:

Do you know if I should get a CPU cooler? I've read online the stock cooler for the Ryzen series is pretty good. If I should get one, I would probably get another Noctua, love those.

the stock cooler is decent if you don't want to overclock or if you don't care about having a very quiet system.