Serviio must have program for media sharing

A few weeks ago i came across  this program called serviio - https://www.serviio.org/

This program work's on Windows,Linux and mac os. I installed in on my windows server and mapped all my movies. So this program lets you use your smart devices like smart tv's, game boxes and much more. I was sceptical at first because I had 4k content on the pc like ford v ferrari and is a 56gb movie file. The windows server could not play the file so why would I be able to play it over the network on my smart tv. I was wrong. My tv played it very well  at full quality. the movie played with out any buffering. I had to test it agin so I tried playing the movie on my movie room pc. I opened the file with vlc and it could not play.  I installed kodi and added serviio and it was playing at full quality then the movie would stop and buffer then play. so I on the serviio program it did not identify my pc properly so i set it as a xbox 360 and the movie played perfect I watched it from beginning to end. I am blown away by the program and it's free. Just give it a try and see how it can work for you 

• 2 weeks later...

Agreed.

I used to run Serviio for last 3-4 years on my macmini as DLNA media server.

It just works for not cost.

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/15/2020 at 2:20 PM, doommood said:

Agreed.

I used to run Serviio for last 3-4 years on my macmini as DLNA media server.

It just works for not cost.

One of the best programs I've ever found this program put's plex to shame